Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Re- registering in Spain (/showthread.php?t=271107)

boski69 14-Nov-2013 16:51

Re- registering in Spain

Hi Chums, I am moving to Spain soon and would ideally like to take my 05 Multi 1000sds over. I think I can handle the changeover to Km/hr on the speedo, as per the owners handbook. I've just looked at the headlight and it has an arrow pointing to the left. I assume this means that it is for use in countries where they drive on the left.
So do I need a replacement unit to get it through the Spanish MOT?
Any other pitfalls I should be wary of?
I know its simpler to sell it and buy one over there but I've had it nearly 5 years now and know it inside out.
Regards, Brian.

chrisw 14-Nov-2013 23:34

MCN did an article about this

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ri...bike-in-spain/

antonye 15-Nov-2013 09:25

Whereabouts in Spain are you moving to? We have some great contacts in DOC Ducatistas, one of the Spanish Ducati Clubs, so I'm sure we can put you in touch with someone local who will be willing to help you out.

nelly 15-Nov-2013 16:44

The Multi did use a different headlight unit over here. The EU light unit is available but it's £400....

boski69 16-Nov-2013 14:56

Many thanks for the replies. The MCN article is very informative, thanks chrisw.
Antonye, I am going to Mijas just outside Fuengirola if you have any contacts there.
I'm wondering if it is worth the time and expense considering the cost of shipping £250, headlamp £400 and all the bureaucracy surrounding type approval etc.
I'm sure theres lots of second hand Dukes over there on Spanish plates.
Anyway thanks once again for your input, very helpful.
Take care, Brian.

jam23a30 31-Jan-2014 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by boski69
Many thanks for the replies. The MCN article is very informative, thanks chrisw.
Antonye, I am going to Mijas just outside Fuengirola if you have any contacts there.
I'm wondering if it is worth the time and expense considering the cost of shipping £250, headlamp £400 and all the bureaucracy surrounding type approval etc.
I'm sure theres lots of second hand Dukes over there on Spanish plates.
Anyway thanks once again for your input, very helpful.
Take care, Brian.

Brian, the multi headlight is adjustable LH or RH drive. I have a how to do it sheet which I'm told by those who have done it that it works great at nil cost other than the time it takes to access the rear of the headlight. PM me with an email address if you want me to send the sheet.

Andy

antonye 31-Jan-2014 12:11

For everything Spanish, speak to the guys at Ducatistas http://www.ducatistas.com/

You can email them at administradores@ducatistas.com and they will point you in the right direction!

Annette 31-Jan-2014 17:56

I did this. Vehicles made in the EU after a certain date (2005?) are interchangeable throughout the EU. Take my car, for example. It can't do LHD to RHD headlamps but it can flat beam and that is acceptable. The dealer wanted to sell new everything. I did my homework, and spoke to the DVA who were really helpful, and that was that. Good luck.