Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   What rubber is your 1000DS wearing? (/showthread.php?t=85430)

Harlequin 16-Jan-2012 15:43

What rubber is your 1000DS wearing?

Hi everyone. My first post here.

I have always fitted my sports touring bikes with Bridgestone Battleaxes & the occasional pair of Pilot Roads.

This is my first Multistrada & I don't think the previous owner went over 80 degrees of lean. Still, she needs some new shoes & I'm wondering what the more experienced owners use.

Thanks in advance. I'll be riding in all conditions & covering a LOT of miles so dual compound is preferable. I'm open to suggestions.

amadeus hellequin

antonye 16-Jan-2012 16:48

Riding my Hypermotard every day to work - a round trip of 76 miles - means that longevity was the first consideration, with performance second, when I put new tyres on mine.

I went for Pirelli Diablo Strada given that these are more on the touring end of the Diablo market rather than the sporty end, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with them! I've spent since June '11 riding on them, have even done a trackday at Cadwell on them where I had no issues (except with my own riding style sliding the rear around!) so I would recommend them for those who want the extra mileage. They are wearing nicely now (the bike has just passed 14K miles) with no signs of premature wear.

I picked up a pair (120/70ZR17 & 180/55ZR17) for £165 brand new mail order which was a bargain!

PeteB 16-Jan-2012 21:18

Always used Diablos on mine after the Syncs were worn out, great tyres wet or dry, only just over 4k miles out of a rear, but depends how you ride of course!

Monty 19-Jan-2012 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteB
Always used Diablos on mine after the Syncs were worn out, great tyres wet or dry, only just over 4k miles out of a rear, but depends how you ride of course!

I've got Michelin PR3's on my 1200 Multi-brilliant tyre-even survived Cadwell last year.

John

misterpink 26-Dec-2012 16:09

diablos

have been through various, but diablo strada has been good as was a set of michelin pilot roads.