Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Who's your money on then ? (/showthread.php?t=36733)

keefer 25-Sep-2006 20:08

Who's your money on then ?

well its really going down to the wire but who do you think is going to clinch it in the end.
at the beginning of the season I wanted anyone other than Rossi to win. just to mix it up a bit.
but now that Hayden is so close to it I really want Rossi to steal it away from him.
Strange I know. I really think Hayden is feeling the pressure to much, all the whinging about the yellow flag issue at Australia and so on.
Rossi is on a roll
cant believe we have to wait 3 weeks till the next one.
O well what do you all think

DC 25-Sep-2006 20:26

Im was the same really.
Wanted any other racer to win other than Rossi this year but after the way he has pulled it back and all the bad luck he seemed to have near the start of the year has made me want Rossi to win it again. After all, he is one of the greatest riders IMHO anyhow.

I cant help but wonder how the likes of Hayden and Padrosser? would do on the yamaha??

I all I want to see now if Rossi on the Ducati. Just to see what would happen????

DC.

Chrisiball 25-Sep-2006 21:35

Hayden all the way, i like Rossi but the lads just got bags of talent and i love his style!! ABout time somebody else deserves to win, hes so consistant, he deserves it this year, just hope he can keep it together for the final few races as im sure the pressures getting to him a bit! If you havent seen this vid of hayden check it out - Unbelievable!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78466997568582

antonye 25-Sep-2006 21:39

Rossi for me.

Hayden has won 2 races this year - the same a Pedrosa and less than Capirossi (3), Melandri (3) and Rossi (5).

Yes consistency rewards in a championship but it's a bit of a **** way to win!

749er 25-Sep-2006 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Rossi for me.

Hayden has won 2 races this year - the same a Pedrosa and less than Capirossi (3), Melandri (3) and Rossi (5).

Yes consistency rewards in a championship but it's a bit of a **** way to win!

and who would bet against Rossi/Capirossi winning the remainder?

GsxrAge 25-Sep-2006 21:55

Rossi will do it !

I don't see that Hayden has the extra 1% needed !

chris.p 25-Sep-2006 22:17

I would like Hayden to win, Rossi is great, no doubt about it, but the way he does it, is not always right, it is more like a must win or bust, Rossi & Shuwy seem to have come from the same mould.

Chris:burn:

Ozz 25-Sep-2006 22:28

Rossi hopefully. Would like to se Capirex get close but its a tall order.

sye73 25-Sep-2006 22:40

In my opinion, Rossi is the greatest ever. He has nothing else to prove. I would like to see Rossi do it because he can never have enough honours in my book.
On the other hand, I like Hayden too. I respectfuly disagree with gsxrage ; I think Hayden does have the extra 1% that's needed. I really thought there was more than the odd occasion this season when he looked TOTALLY focused. If he wins the title, I'll be well pleased.
All I want to see now in moto gp is :
1.Capirossi to stay with Ducati until he retires.There is no better sight in motorcycle racing than him on a Duke... Awesome
2. Rossi on a Ducati alongside Loris
3. Hopkins on a decent bike

Ian 25-Sep-2006 22:47

Rossi, - unfortunately, - I also wanted another name on the role, and with a bit of luck Ducati could have been up there this year. Not sure that Hayden wants it enough for a win it or bin it move if it comes to it. Rossi wants it more and would do anything to win it. Hayden will still look back on his career and say "I did well with 2nd".