Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Running on one pot (/showthread.php?t=15940)

Real McCoy 02-Apr-2005 17:30

Running on one pot

Anyone ever had there bike go on to one pot and the engine management light come on,mines been doing it today :(

The bikes not got wet or anything but it runs on one pot for a couple of miles then back onto two...Its done it around 5 times on the way back from Devils and now its back home ( i mean ducati Leeds) :D

KeefyB 02-Apr-2005 19:44

Sounds like a dodgy coil.Which pot is missfiring?

JPM 02-Apr-2005 20:03

Sounds exactly like mine, currently waiting for new coils under warranty

Is it an R perchance?

Dementor 02-Apr-2005 20:07

Had this on my Bip, front pot, coil & plug gets crappy, would get it sorted before it goes completely, it's no fun riding with one cylinder:(

JPM 02-Apr-2005 20:24

Quote:

Originally posted by Dementor
Had this on my Bip, front pot, coil & plug gets crappy, would get it sorted before it goes completely, it's no fun riding with one cylinder:(

You wanna try doing a track day on 1 cylinder...

Real McCoy 02-Apr-2005 20:45

Did your engine management lights come on aswell...dont know which cylinder it was as i was rushing back to Ducati before they shut, didnt get chance to feel the pipes

Gizmo 02-Apr-2005 23:38

Quote:

Originally posted by Real McCoy
Did your engine management lights come on aswell...dont know which cylinder it was as i was rushing back to Ducati before they shut, didnt get chance to feel the pipes

my engine management light comes on when i start bike and wont go off till i pull away, also comes on if i slow down or stop at lights, is this normal?? its done it since i picked it up. Hope yours gets sorted Karl.

Real McCoy 02-Apr-2005 23:46

Mines never done that gizmo :(

weeian 03-Apr-2005 00:02

mines does that as well gizmo, someone told me that it was normal and that it was running diagnostics or sumthin, it only does it when im sitting at lights waiting to go, when i pull away it turns off.

/ian

Dementor 03-Apr-2005 00:05

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
Quote:

Originally posted by Dementor

You wanna try doing a track day on 1 cylinder...

Most people think mine is running on one cylinder when I'm on the track:lol: