Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   '05 749s Termis (/showthread.php?t=25246)

Michael J 22-Dec-2005 18:56

\'05 749s Termis

Apologies if this question has been asked before but has anyone fitted a 54mm Termi system to their '05 749s. I've just ordered one and am waiting for a delivery date. I'm keen to know how much improvement in power and sound to expect. Thanks in advance!

KeefyB 22-Dec-2005 18:58

Yep,that American chap galaxy fitted one,.......then he spoilt it by wrapping it up in heat resisting tape...........!!!(Some pics somewhere)
JMHO!;)
There ya go!:o
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm...3&pid=247 958

[Edited on 22-12-2005 by KeefyB]

Michael J 22-Dec-2005 19:20

YIKES:o

galaxy 22-Dec-2005 20:01

Ahhhh, come on Keefy...it doesn't look that bad!! What to expect...great sound. What else needs to be said about that?? It is a little bit quieter than I had hoped for but the quality of the sound is definately there. Fit quality is awesome. Performance, well...IMO, budget for a PCIII now. It comes with the new ECU but it's useless. The stock ECU could be tuned to accomplish the same results and that could knock $700 off the price of the kit, IMO. The engine runs smoothe as silk, throttle response is awesome, and it revs very easy compared to stock. (yes, this is without the PCIII) But, low end power is not improved at all, probably a wash, and there are a couple of pretty good flat spots throughout that the dealer could not tune out with the ECU. No stumbles or anything, just some good, very noticable flat spots. The more and harder I rode my bike, the worse they got to me. Thus, requiring a PCIII. I just got mine on Tuesday and dropped it off at my local dyno yesterday for a custom map. I will for sure post the results when I get it back hopefully tomorrow. We are having a slight weather anomolie here in California right now and no one knows what it is. There's this wet stuff, almost just like water, falling from the sky and no one can figure it out or knows what to do:sing:

As for my exhaust wrap:D Yes, I preferr the looks but I was more driven by the look of that flat pipe running up the side. Don't know the reason behind designing it that way but I didn't like it. The older full 2-1-2 systems had a normal round up pipe with the new swing arm, so why did they change it on this system. Anywasy, I wanted to distract from the looks of the pipe. If it had been round, I most likely would not have wrapped them. I told the guys in the other post on this it's kinda funny...in the US, I have almost unanimous approval of the looks of the wrap but over here, it's also been unanimous!!!!:flame: I still love you guys though!!! Please let me know if you have any more particular questions.

[Edited on 22-12-2005 by galaxy]

KeefyB 22-Dec-2005 22:15

Quote:

Originally posted by galaxy
Ahhhh, come on Keefy...it doesn't look that bad.
You reckon??!!??:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

megalite 24-Dec-2005 16:32

i think u get a huge improvement in sound. i heard a 749s with termis, it was super sweet. riding 749s yesterday without termis was a bit boring

butch890 24-Dec-2005 17:39

IMHO the one to for is the Leo Vinci,much better quality and the sound.................AbFab!:lol:
Butch