Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Matt Trainors Class B bike - question? (/showthread.php?t=84217)

PDL 12-Apr-2011 10:01

Matt Trainors Class B bike - question?

Does anyone know what engine is in it? It's a M600 but which one, I bought it off Ells to race with W100 and P&DMC this season and want to arm myself with the right sprockets for the first three corners at Anglesey to give myself a chance against the SVs :). The bike came with a 38, 42, 43 and 44 so i would guess a mid years engine. Though i am curious as to why it would have a 38, would it pull a 38 and if so I would expect I will need two chains.

Any info would be welcome, someone must remember, it did win the championship in 2008, cheers.

Paul

Chaz 12-Apr-2011 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDL
Does anyone know what engine is in it? It's a M600 but which one, I bought it off Ells to race with W100 and P&DMC this season and want to arm myself with the right sprockets for the first three corners at Anglesey to give myself a chance against the SVs :). The bike came with a 38, 42, 43 and 44 so i would guess a mid years engine. Though i am curious as to why it would have a 38, would it pull a 38 and if so I would expect I will need two chains.

Any info would be welcome, someone must remember, it did win the championship in 2008, cheers.

Paul

I think the engine was built by Rich at Louigi Moto.

To be honest I don't think it will live with an SV you would need a 620 to get anywere near.

PDL 12-Apr-2011 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz
I think the engine was built by Rich at Louigi Moto.

To be honest I don't think it will live with an SV you would need a 620 to get anywere near.

Well I am 20bhp down on a SV so won't stand a chanc eon the back straight at Anglesey, planning for a 800ss next season though ;)

ells 12-Apr-2011 17:12

From memory its a 2.0 primary drive monster. Dont know which year but that should suffice for working out gear ratios.

I used mainly 15/42 or 15/43. The 38 tooth sprocket was used with a 14 tooth front sprocket for fast circuits (I think Castle Coombe and Snetterton.

I think the bike left me with a 15 tooth sprocket. If you dont have a 14 tooth let me know as I have two and can pass to whoevers collecting your wheel from Mallory.

Mark.

Chaz 12-Apr-2011 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDL
Well I am 20bhp down on a SV so won't stand a chanc eon the back straight at Anglesey, planning for a 800ss next season though ;)

What class are you racing in? Mini twins?

I have a 800 monster that I was going to run but it makes to much power 79bhp Mini twins you can only have 72bhp.

PDL 13-Apr-2011 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz
What class are you racing in? Mini twins?

I have a 800 monster that I was going to run but it makes to much power 79bhp Mini twins you can only have 72bhp.

With Wirral 100, and also Preston & district. They both have the 72bhp limit too, this season I am using the under powered 600SS, next season was hoping to run an 800SS which make less than the 72bhp, circa 69bhp or just on the mark with a few minor mods.