Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   hugger (/showthread.php?t=477)

pj748r 29-May-2003 01:54

hugger

just a quick post.debating what hugger to fit on my 2000 748r(yellow)carbon or colour coded?if anyone has any pics i would be grateful.fitted my blueflame race cans(stainless) today(wednesday),sounds great,Casoli Moto chip will get fitted at dealers next week when its in for a service unless i can find someone local with an eprom puller ,mate reckons it sounds like an ack ack gun,asked me how many planes i 'd shot down!(from a guy who owned the loudest Mille i've ever heard):devil:

Rattler 29-May-2003 10:21

Don\'t fit one!!!

I prefer the cleaner lines that you get without a hugger.

Go for a carbon rear shock guard and that'll stop the shock from getting knackered. It won't stop the exhausts etc from getting crappy, but the clean, tidy rear-wheel look makes a Duke IMHO.

Check out my avatar.

Tim

Ian 29-May-2003 13:05

don't buy an ART one. Fitting problems, and not the easiest of companies to deal with if you have a problem.
Go for a DP one or a Tech2 from Mr Ripsnort, - he does a shorty one that looks rather nice.

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by Ian]

DJ Tera 29-May-2003 13:11

Go for a tecmoto one, they look good are pre-preg and cheaper than the DP items, plus they're tough!! When I switched to a 180 rear it rubbed on the hugger for a fair few miles before I could be a*sed to fix it, and its still intact!

Guido 29-May-2003 18:33

I've got a few pics on my site of my 2001 748R with hugger and shock guard fitted.

This may help you decide matey.

Go to the image/sounds page and choose 'My New Toy'

Would give you a direct link but I can't remember the url and the site will not open at the mo'.

http://freespace.virgin.net/guy.cope/

pj748r 09-Jun-2003 00:04

cheers fellas,going to go for a carbon hugger after much consideration,just waiting for the silly fu$~@rs on ebay to calm down with their prices.:D

Ian 09-Jun-2003 14:04

don't buy off e-bay, - only sell, prices have been way too high for at least 6 months. People really do pay more than they could buy the same thing for brand new.
Seriously some of the companies listed here will sell you a hugger cheaper, - and at least one of those (Techmoto) will fit it for you, - give you a nice cup of coffee and an interesting conversation with nice people.
Good luck.