Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Diablo Corsa's - WARNING!!! (/showthread.php?t=1695)

JPM 14-Jul-2003 16:09

Diablo Corsa\'s - WARNING!!!

Friend of mine has just slung a new pair of these on his Duke, did a few session at Oulton last week, and ended up highsiding the thing, written the bike off... fortunately he is OK.

Problem is looking at the tyres, they hardly look worn, and there is roughly a 6 inch patch which has never been in contact with the tarmac, still shiny, obviously a defective tyre, maybe carcass etc... but I know I won't be buying them now, or any Pirelli's if they didn't pick up on that before they shipped it.

Desmondo 14-Jul-2003 17:45

So you won't be putting any on your Bob Johnson replica then :lol:

andyb 14-Jul-2003 18:23

Ive just put diablo corsas on my 998s...wow brilliant compared to the dragon evos, and as best i can remember the 207rrs i had on my 748r.

I have to question the 6inch shiny bit? your saying this had never come into contact with the road surface? And there was no feel, no out of balance?

JPM 14-Jul-2003 18:26

No..... think I'll be sticking with the 208's mate....

That's probably a kiss of death now !

.....Also have you ever seen the legend known as Bob Johnson?...... yeah, me neither !!!

:D

Phillyconexion 15-Jul-2003 00:34

Hello JP, you want Rennsports mate, RS1 Front, and RS2 Rear 180. You will only get about 1500 miles, but the confidence is awesome.
Absolutely fantastic grip. We are meeting on Saturday for the ride to Wales. See ya then.
Phillip

Mark853 16-Jul-2003 20:53

I have a Diablo on the rear of my 748 and i have the same problem, the tyre has gon shiny and does not look worn. It still seems to give me good grip but it does not look right!:cool:

Ray 24-Jul-2003 16:00

????

Thought the new development on these diablo hoops was that they were made entirely by machine to eliminate human error and improve quality control????

Ray