Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   WSB + what the hell is wrong with the British media.... (/showthread.php?t=3073)

Iconic944ss 08-Sep-2003 11:15

WSB + what the hell is wrong with the British media....

I guess I should of known better....I mean - the first British WSB champion since when, 1999???

And here was me expecting to see a full page spread in one of the daily tabloids, how idiotic of me.

After trawling through 8!!! (yes - eight) pages of football related to the stunning England performance of yesterday - I managed to find a small picture of Hodgy (B&W) and some text.....

Half a page (pah), third of a page then - (nope), how about a quater of a page! And even then, two paragraphs were related to the MotoGP race as well.

The press seem oh so happy to print over-hyped (or should that be 'sexed up' )articles on 'dangerous' riding, deaths and speeding but given the chance to appalude a genuine hero and look at the result.

I think its time to retire to Spain !

Frank

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by Iconic944ss]

Rattler 08-Sep-2003 11:31

The press are arses!!!

.....The retirement bit sounds good though!!;););)

Triple Nine 08-Sep-2003 15:42

Not that I read it, but the Sun (wash my mouth out with soap and water:D )

Had a picture and write-up, no not on page 3:lol:

It was also on Radio 1 news this morning, not that I listen to that either:roll:

Jools 10-Sep-2003 12:20

My alarm is set to the Today programme on Radio 4. In their sports slot, they went through their usual soccer heavy coverage, talked about the cricket, some obscure tennis tornament that Henman had just been knocked out of in the second round, some rugby league and even had an interview with some horsey horsey type who had just done something at Badminton.

All of the above is paraphrased because I can't remember exactly what they said, but I can remember verbatim the sum total of all they said about bikes:

"Neil Hodgson wrapped up the World Superbike championship at Assen yesterday"

That's it!

How many World Champions does Britain have? You'd think they were ten-a-penny for all the respect they show to motorcycle sport