Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Streetfighter: V4 / V2 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Just Ordered an 848SF (/showthread.php?t=85688)

russell greenie 26-Feb-2012 19:52

Just Ordered an 848SF

Hi guys

Just ordered the 848SF after riding one yesterday from my local dealer. Im coming back to road riding from a few years of just track riding. Found the bike really usable with plenty of power for the roads. I was soo impressed. Haven't had that much fun on a bike for years.

Can't wait to pick it up. Hopfully be mid March :)

skidlids 26-Feb-2012 21:12

Can't say I've seen one on the road yet, took a look at them at the NEC show and to me they make a lot more sense as a road bike than their big brother.

russell greenie 26-Feb-2012 21:19

Yeah defo. I had a SFS for a weekend back in 09. Was an amazing bike but maybe a little too much for road riding. Not too sure I would need full Ohlins and mono blocks etc. Would be a nice to have but wasted on me lol:)

skidlids 26-Feb-2012 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell greenie
Would be a nice to have but wasted on me lol:)

you sure about that, after years of track riding you probably know a thing or two about suspension. I bought a M1100 rather than the S version with the Ohlins. Price was a big part of it as Showa forks aren't bad when setup and are easy to improve further with a few internal parts and the Ohlins rear on the S has no rideheight provision to deal with the change in rear ride height when you opt for a change of gearing. So spent the money saved by buying a new adjustable length WP Shock with Hi-Lo damping for £400

russell greenie 26-Feb-2012 22:08

Lol, I had all the gear no idea tbh. Still can't and probably never will notice the difference between good stock suspension and Ohlins. Lo

The WP shock sound a good idea. Different too :D