Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Help !!!! (/showthread.php?t=280239)

Mykie916 30-Jan-2014 23:12

Help !!!!

Can someone run me through what happens during a race meet, from turning up on practice day onwards, if you could explain it as if I were a two year old then even better :D

Iconic944ss 31-Jan-2014 00:04

Pretty sure there are lots of race day experience's and overviews to be found from the DD forum:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/fo...play.php?f=206

dunlop0_1 31-Jan-2014 06:33

Basically

Test day

Park up
Unload
Sign on
Go out on your allotted time spot (session)
Don't crash

Race day

Scrutineering
Sign on again
Check race schedule
Listen to the tannoy
Race

If you are unsure then ask, Simples. :D

banger san 31-Jan-2014 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykie916
Can someone run me through what happens during a race meet, from turning up on practice day onwards, if you could explain it as if I were a two year old then even better :D

I found the best way was to put yourself close to some other DDer, either in a garage or in the paddock, then do what they do when they do it. ;)

Basically make sure you bring all your paperwork with you, your ACU licence, dog tag and novice bib and most importantly there's no such thing as a stupid question, well there is but we won't often remind you of it. :lol:

Ghost 31-Jan-2014 21:54

Just who is this Simples to ask of?? :D

Trumpet 31-Jan-2014 23:25

It was my first race at the begining of last year and I have to say everyone in the DD paddock was really patient, kind and will do their best to help you get it all sorted, but I have learned over the last year that most of the time no-one has much of an idea of whats going on anyway:lol:
But maybe a bit of good advice is to book into a pit garage, that way at least you will be around other DD racers all weekend.

dunlop0_1 01-Feb-2014 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Just who is this Simples to ask of?? :D

That would be me ;) LOL

Mykie916 01-Feb-2014 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
I found the best way was to put yourself close to some other DDer, either in a garage or in the paddock, then do what they do when they do it. ;)

Basically make sure you bring all your paperwork with you, your ACU licence, dog tag and novice bib and most importantly there's no such thing as a stupid question, well there is but we won't often remind you of it. :lol:

Dog tags ?? Where do I get the bib ? Soooo many questions :o

chris.p 01-Feb-2014 19:34

Quote:

Dog tags ?? Where do I get the bib ? Soooo many questions :o

Pet store and Mother Care :D :D

antonye 01-Feb-2014 20:20

Quote:

Dog tags ??

£1.50 from here: http://www.dog-tags.co.uk/

1. First name