Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Desmodue Racing Website (/showthread.php?t=13361)

phillc 19-Jan-2005 18:58

Desmodue Racing Website

After some seriously delaying delays the Desmodue racing website is back up and running.

The site is now hosted on the same server as the main Ducati Sporting Club site (thanks Eamonn and Chris!).

Unfortunately previous data and registrations have been lost. So you will need to register again.

Adding content to the site is open to all, although there is some moderation in place to approve registrations at this time.

Same goes as before, if you have any improvement ideas (and I'm sure there are many!) let me know and I'll try to work them in.

Some DD launch photos and a review of the night would be a nice edition!

PhillC

--

Right then, since I can't afford to go Desmodue racing - in terms of time, money and the pain my other half would inflict on me - I've decided to do something a little different.....

I've created a website. Basically, this is a "fansite" for the Desmodue racing series. It doesn't have official DSC endorsement and is just my personal project. Although there are plenty of links back to this here DSC website and all credit is given.

The URL is:

http://www.desmodueracing.com
or
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/desmodue/

What can be done on and with this site?

- Anyone can read the articles and post comments, although anonymous user comments need to be "approved" before publishing.

- Anyone who registers can publish stories, add comments and upload files without approval (at this stage). The idea here is that anyone can add useful and interesting information when they find it, and I don't have to do all the work!

- Any Desmodue racer who wants some webspace to keep their own diary is more than welcome to use this site. Simply register, let me know and I'll set it up so you can use the "blog" functionality

- Anyone attending race events, or just finding interesting content, can upload their pictures and stories to this site.

I'm also completely open to suggested changes and improvements. This is really only just the first take on this idea, and hopefully there's still a few months to get it right! U2U me your thoughts.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the DSC website, rather hopefully creating a complimentary, lasting record of the Desmodue racing series in 2005 and providing a service for those involved who want to use the web to publish their material.

Hope you all like it.

Cheers
PhillC

[Edited on 21-3-2005 by Webteam]

TP 19-Jan-2005 19:03

Great idea Phill.

Just having a cruise through now.

Rattler 19-Jan-2005 19:15

Great idea Phil.

I could do with some constant webspace so that I can start a diary.

What do I need to do? Register with you?

Tim:ninja:

madmav 19-Jan-2005 19:15

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'm not even in DESMO DUE ..

Well done that man........ mav

dickieducati 19-Jan-2005 19:15

looks great i'll certainly be adding stuff and getting in touch.
havnt really given it much thought yet but a 'runners and riders' section could be good:

riders details
bike they are on
racing experience
etc

phillc 19-Jan-2005 20:07

Dickie - Nice suggestion. This shouldn't be a problem to add as a new category. I was thinking of including this in the Tracks, Dates and Grid section, but I think it's a good idea to split out into its own category.

Rattler - Just register on the site (I'd do it for you, but if you do it yourself you can choose your own password which is less hassle) and then let me know. I just need to mark your account as a Desmodue Rider and you have access to the blog/diary funcationality. Once that's done, go to the site, click "create content" in the left hand column, select "blog entry" and enter everything you want in the middle column. Don't forget to hit "Submit" at the end of course. You should be able to use all HTML tags in your text body, but don't need to - just type away. I'm happy to provide any other instructions if you need them.

PhillC

Rattler 19-Jan-2005 20:29

Right I'll give it a try - html stuff is all a bit foreign, so if I can just type and it gets sorted I'll give it a go.

I've just registered under Rattler, can you do the necessary with "marking" as a rider?

Nice one
Tim:ninja:

ali 19-Jan-2005 20:35

That's a spanking idea PhillC! Looks great, although having quotes from yours truly on the home page will do nothing for your hit rate!

Having links to the site will ensure I keep updating the bugger as well. Later in the season you might want to include a classifieds section (or a link to this one) for people that may want to go racing next year.

We could also do with getting the URL into Pronto and maybe any stickers that are likely to be used on the bikes.

Well done that man. :D

Ali

Monty 19-Jan-2005 20:48

Looking good Phillc-one correction-the Brands date has changed to September 11th.

John

madmav 19-Jan-2005 20:53

Phill can you make this LINK "live" at the bottom of the page ?

The Ducati Desmodue Racing series is run and managed by the UK's Ducati Sporting Club - http://www.ducatisportingclub.com

Just a suggestion:)