Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Anyone at Silverstone yesterday? (/showthread.php?t=80873)

MSO 749s 13-Oct-2009 14:32

Anyone at Silverstone yesterday?

Dear All

Had a gret day at Silverstone GP yesterday with Focused Events, and all for £1 as I'd won a prize draw I didn't know I'd entered!

Only thing was there seemed to be a lot of very quick people in the Novice group overtaking in groups of 2 or 3 with the last person often cutting up a wobbly novice. Anyone else notice that, or was I just being soft?

I count myself as a quick Novice and I didn't feel hassled by faster riders overtaking me, but there were a few first timers who were visibly unsettled for half a lap or so after being stuffed up.

This is not a complaint against FE as I'm very pleased with their service, just wondered if anyone else noticed?

Regards

Mark.

skidlids 13-Oct-2009 15:45

Wasn't there, but you probably had a guy or two out who was to fast for the novices and towing his mates around and as usual the guy at the back is usually playing catch-up and ends up cutting up others.
The instructors really should be watching out for this sort of thing in the Novice group.
Did the problem continue all day or did the faster ones end up moving up a group either at their own or the organisers request

MSO 749s 13-Oct-2009 15:56

To be fair Mark from FE said he'd had no reports from Instructors or Marshalls, but I'd say there were 3 groups of offenders and it carried on all day. Also a few D*ckheads who carried on overtaking after chequered flag. That's bang out of order in my book, especially when clearly told not to.

Mark.