Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Lumpy idle (/showthread.php?t=4829)

Murray Mint 04-Jan-2004 13:43

Lumpy idle

Here's a question for Nelly and the like minded.

After warming up the bike (749s) the idle is really lumpy and will quite often cut out at the lights or junctions. Is there anything that I could do to fix this or is it a visit to the workshop?

Murray Mint

KeefyB 04-Jan-2004 14:43

Hmm,my 999 is just the same.I think the mixture is running a bit rich.Best get it booked in to get the injection looked at.

dave w 04-Jan-2004 17:53

Mr mm,you could try and turn the tickover up a bit,There is a large gromet on the left hand side airbox, Pull the gromet out and turn the screw clockwise.:roll:

Triple Nine 04-Jan-2004 20:00

Murray, I had a similar problem with my 999 last Summer, but only at junctions whilst still in gear/clutch in, put it on the paddock stand and put it in gear, clutch in, and there was still some drive unless the adjuster on the clutch lever was turned right out (longest span), ended up being a tiny bit of air in the clutch fluid, never been a problem since, so might be worth a try.

KeefyB 04-Jan-2004 22:42

I think mine is a fueling prob.It also sounds like its only firing on one cylinder when blipping the throttle.It may be the throttle bodies want balancing.Dunno 'til I get it booked in.