Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Running for Cancer Research (/showthread.php?t=78434)

Grib 04-Feb-2009 17:16

Running for Cancer Research

I've started getting into my running over the past year or so, just at the gym to get fit initially. I want to take it further now, enter a race or two maybe and the Race For Life seems an ideal way to get going, while raising some money for a worthy cause :)

Why for Cancer Research? Well, Cancer took my Nana away ten years ago. She was a true lady, polite, well spoken and the person who inspired me to do well at college and make her proud :) She battled with breast Cancer from her early twenties, not that anyone could tell, as she stayed strong right to the end. So, this is for her.

I've entered the Holme Pierrepont event in Nottingham, which is a 5km run. I'd like to complete it as close to 30 mins as possible, but as I'll be running with others, I dare say we'll stick together and just match the steadiest person (which might be me as yet!). It's on the 26th of July if anyone wants to come down and cheer us on :cool:

Dig deep! Thanks everyone :burn:

Dementor 04-Feb-2009 18:42

Done.

Come on you lot get ya money out :)

nelly 05-Feb-2009 09:22

I'm in :)

Grib 05-Feb-2009 16:16

Thanks guys, some very generous donations :)

AK47...I'll pass on the Mankini, thanks anyway though!

WeeJohnyB 05-Feb-2009 16:25

Done.

My wife and girls did it last year and I went a long to watch - 100's of women all with messages written on their backs, very moving indeed.

Hope you smash your £200 target

WeeJohnyB

Grib 05-Feb-2009 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Done.

My wife and girls did it last year and I went a long to watch - 100's of women all with messages written on their backs, very moving indeed.

Hope you smash your £200 target

WeeJohnyB

Me too :) Thanks.

900SL Pete 05-Feb-2009 17:04

I've been running now for the last three years with the intension of getting fit, 2-3 miles from 6.30am three or four times a week. I was looking for something similar myself. I would love to join you if thats OK. Please send me the detail and if there is a start entry level for sponsorship?

Pete

WeeJohnyB 05-Feb-2009 17:13

could be tricky without a sex change. I think it's women only but could be wrong

WeeJohnyB

900SL Pete 05-Feb-2009 17:21

Any thing is possible if I get enough sponsorship!!!

OOPS

Didn't take much notice of the race for life logo, I should have thought and yes it is for women only. Well it could be fun running along with all those women!!

KeefyB 05-Feb-2009 17:38

Donation sent.
I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma,so I have a kinda special interest in this worthy cause.:)