Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Big up to the T8 in BIKE magazine (/showthread.php?t=38645)

Nattyboy 08-Nov-2006 23:42

Big up to the T8 in BIKE magazine

Only beaten to the top slot by the RC45 as the coolest race rep of all time.

Very nice summary I thought - something like "all the 'in your face' presence of a cold war fighter jet"

Cant remember the exact words as I was too tight to buy it !!!

Monty 09-Nov-2006 08:05

I will reproduce here for you Natt-to save you having to go back to WHS.:lol:

"Father of the 916-and indeed every four-valve Ducati Vee for the past 18 years, including the MotoGP one - the 888 is viciously, completely cool. At the core of its appeal is the look of the thing; blunt and purposeful, like a Cold War jet."

John

jgriff 09-Nov-2006 12:36

*******s! The lot of them, us 851 (well whats left of mine) guys, have got to stand up to the misinformed unwashed masses.
The father, the father, 888 is just a mutated clone. PB got it right at least. And what about the poor old Pantah the great grand father, bet it never got a mention.
Being and old Tornado boy, and have even seen a Lightning in action, I can see the similarities. The 851/888's have less chance of catching fire on start up!
Griff

italian888 10-Nov-2006 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgriff
*******s! The lot of them, us 851 (well whats left of mine) guys, have got to stand up to the misinformed unwashed masses.
The father, the father, 888 is just a mutated clone. PB got it right at least. And what about the poor old Pantah the great grand father, bet it never got a mention.
Being and old Tornado boy, and have even seen a Lightning in action, I can see the similarities. The 851/888's have less chance of catching fire on start up!
Griff

Might aswell go back to the Cucciolo then.

jgriff 10-Nov-2006 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by italian888
Might aswell go back to the Cucciolo then.

true!

italian888 10-Nov-2006 13:58

griff, figured out which clutch plates for the new basket yet,
Rob

KeefyB 10-Nov-2006 20:57

Hmm,the RC45 was a cool bike right enough.Think of those great WSB rides by Aaron Slight,Colin Edwards,Foggy and Kockstinki.Then there are all the TT wins by Joey and 'mad' Phil McCallen,......
Yep,awesome bike.
Ya cant say that for many 'Ondas!:lol:

Jools 10-Nov-2006 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB
Hmm,the RC45 was a cool bike right enough.Think of those great WSB rides by Aaron Slight,Colin Edwards,Foggy and Kockstinki.Then there are all the TT wins by Joey and 'mad' Phil McCallen,......
Yep,awesome bike.
Ya cant say that for many 'Ondas!:lol:

Yeah, but Jools rides a T8.....how cool is that?

Good job the bike is cool enough to take being ridden by me then really :lol:

jgriff 10-Nov-2006 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by italian888
griff, figured out which clutch plates for the new basket yet,
Rob

Ducati Alloy ones I think.

The RC45 is indeed a weapon. Does anyone remember the TT and the back wheel. Or was that an RC30?

Nattyboy 10-Nov-2006 21:49

45..robert dunlop...right mess - hes still not right now.