Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Termis and Insurance (/showthread.php?t=14138)

Col996s 11-Feb-2005 23:17

Termis and Insurance

Just picked up a pair of termis to replace my standard pipes on my 996s.
I assume I should tell my insurance company. My question is how do they normally react? Do they normally question the "race only" aspect of the pipes?
Do they increase the premium by much?

TP 11-Feb-2005 23:23

Who is your insurer? Some don't like and won't cover you at all.

Others will happily cover you but, even though you'll only get it replaced with standard cans, they will charge a little more.

Clearly because you are now a demon biker and a massive risk increase.

MarkyMark76 11-Feb-2005 23:34

Menace to society i would say...

clockwork orange 12-Feb-2005 00:23

Change to Ducati Insurance - they don't care about the pipes. Replacement only with standard tho.

ducatisps 15-Feb-2005 16:23

You could also try www.insuremyducati.co.uk No problems with race cans.

BDG 15-Feb-2005 16:27

Carole Nash aren't bothered about my Termites.

cashburning748r 15-Feb-2005 20:28

Bennetts cancelled my policy with a full refund when I declared mine. Ducati Insurance (who do not monitor phone calls) said that I would have to lie/not declare them, so I didn't.

You are better off not saying anything, by declaring the pipes on an existing policy you are declaring that the bike is not as the manufacture intended or indeed standard.

Silence is golden.

Rocker 15-Feb-2005 21:25

Quote:

Originally posted by cashburning748r
Bennetts cancelled my policy with a full refund when I declared mine. Ducati Insurance (who do not monitor phone calls) said that I would have to lie/not declare them, so I didn't.

You are better off not saying anything, by declaring the pipes on an existing policy you are declaring that the bike is not as the manufacture intended or indeed standard.

Silence is golden.

Could that not give them a let out in the case of a claim?

Col996s 15-Feb-2005 22:22

Quote:

Originally posted by cashburning748r

Silence is golden.

Having my policy cancelled is the thing that bothers me.
I am with Eagle Red Star, via a broker called Direct Choice.
I could just ring up and say I'm thinking of fitting them but would this raise suspicion?
Anybody got any experience of Eagle red star and Termis?

ducatisps 16-Feb-2005 10:39

The last thing you want is for an insurer to turn down your claim and they have a history of doing so when there is a non disclosure as you are entering into a contract. My advice is always declare it. A cancellation is not good either as you would have to declare it to your next insurer. If you didn't there is a double history of non disclosure and with the new databases in place, your insurance history can be traced and checked and that may cause you a problem again in the event of a claim.

Col996s - ring another broker like Premium choice on 0121 384 9201 and ask Ronnie, Pinder, Liam or Rob what the Equity Red Star do wiith Termis.