Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   laptimers? (/showthread.php?t=26653)

pedro 02-Feb-2006 21:03

laptimers?

who knows what? are these t100/t200 any good. is their a timer that works off beacons at uk tracks? are they ok for trackdays ?:roll:

[Edited on 2-2-2006 by pedro]

dickieducati 02-Feb-2006 21:12

the t100 and t200 are the ones most commonly used. ive only used the t200 (downloadable) and has been great. until i fell off at donington and broke into a million pieces! most uk circuits have the beacon that will get picked up. although they are not allowed on trackdays. i definitely wouldnt use one on a trackday, oh no, definitely wouldn't tuck it away somewhere on the bike, no, definitely not use one REALLY REALLY carefully so no one see's it.

Nattyboy 03-Feb-2006 01:23

Whats the cost of these boys ..??

Cheers
Nat

twpd 03-Feb-2006 01:27

I use a T100 for timed practice and racing. It's all you need really. Cost about £100 IIRC from A&R Racing. Lap times are forbidden for trackday use by the way.

twpd 03-Feb-2006 01:28

I forgot to say that most circuits I have used have beacons of their own so, you don't really need the beacon however, sometimes they are turned off for trackdays.

chris.p 03-Feb-2006 07:46

Timing on track days is frowned apon, as it is then deemed by the circuit as racing or race practice.

Chris.:burn:

Ray 06-Feb-2006 12:20

Is lap timing an an insurance thing. Do CSS still lap time on their courses, they did years ago and you got a printout after the event.

I can see why you don't want peeps chasing a lap time on track day but it can be usefull to know if you are making progress with your riding or bike changes.

A maniac who chases a lap time with no respect for others on track who haven't got the same metality be it timed by lap timer, mate on the pitwall with a watch, phone or egg timer or even an on board camera is probably still gonna be riding like a nutter even if he/she didn't have a lap timer on the bike?

T100 or T200 are both good reliable options, just make sure you take a spare battery.

Ray