Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Membership renewal (/showthread.php?t=83754)

TopiToo 21-Jan-2011 23:45

Membership renewal

Hello

As I am not involved in Desmo Due or ever will be,
is there any benefit in me paying £25 to still be a member here?

:rolleyes:

antonye 22-Jan-2011 00:03

How long is a piece of string?!

There isn't an easy answer for anyone, it's down to personal choice. We can't force you to pay money to join, but if you use the facilities, have made friends, enjoy the banter, read Pronto (arriving soon!) and want to do the trackday, maybe join in a pub night, come on a factory tour (and have lunch in the staff canteen!), and get your money back in discounts from being a club member ... then it might be worth it?

Bionicle 22-Jan-2011 09:20

And as a bonus not being involved in DD you save the extra £20 that those who are have to pay :)

MJS 22-Jan-2011 11:30

Steve

DD may appear to have become the focus of the club over the last few years, but that is now changing.
Chris P is doing a grand job of persuading people to become Regional Organisers, I'm about to take over as RO for BHCN so you'd be welcome to come along with us.
Is it worth being a member? I guess it depends on individual circumstances, but I know I get my money back each year in discounts.

Plus I've got some nice stickers I'm sending out with renewals :lol:

Martin

Dementor 22-Jan-2011 17:19

Wouldn't have had the pleasure of meeting you (and many others) if it hadn't been for the DSC Steve :) look forward to the stickers Martin :lol:

Dementor 22-Jan-2011 17:25

Oh, and come and watch some DD racing it's brilliant both on the track and in the paddock:)

Gbyte666 22-Jan-2011 20:00

Come and pop in at Brands Steve, I'll make you a cuppu if your a member or not.

Craig

Jasper 22-Jan-2011 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
How long is a piece of string?!

There isn't an easy answer for anyone, it's down to personal choice. We can't force you to pay money to join, but if you use the facilities, have made friends, enjoy the banter, read Pronto (arriving soon!) and want to do the trackday, maybe join in a pub night, come on a factory tour (and have lunch in the staff canteen!), and get your money back in discounts from being a club member ... then it might be worth it?

Are we having a DSC trackday then?

antonye 22-Jan-2011 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
Are we having a DSC trackday then?

Hopefully we will be able to sort something out as we are currently looking into it.

Jasper 23-Jan-2011 10:11

:):):)