Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Mr Tyreman - little Dunlops? (/showthread.php?t=2022)

AK 27-Jul-2003 09:27

Mr Tyreman - little Dunlops?

I am really happy with the Dunlop 205's that I have on my monster 750.
Good wear, used on the road only - for m/ways & x-country etc.
(were rubbish though towards the end - should have changed earlier methinks)

Have just heard that they have stopped doing them though.
What is the next best tyre you would recco for my bike? - or can I still get the 205's somewhere?
Not urgent request - but will need replacement before winter (do bout 4000 miles every 6months approx)

Cheers,
C

psychlist 28-Jul-2003 07:25

Bridgestone Battlax

BT020, excellent all round tyres, grippy enough, especially in the wet and excellent longevity. If you want to get a bit sticky then the BT010 up front or even the BT012, but they get pricier.

:ninja:

tyreman 28-Jul-2003 08:02

tyres

morning,good call phychlist bridgestones by far the best in my opion.010,s or 012,s but really depends how much milage you want from tyres,010 are twin compound harder in the middle soft on edges good all round tyre but more sporty.if you are doing hi miles/commuter type riding put an 020 rear.bridgestone come out a bit more expensive than dunlop but with your club discount come out at around £175. inc fitting + vat.if you would like any more info please give me a call or call in for a chat and tea

thanks tyreman

AK 28-Jul-2003 10:26

Ta guys for the help ( & offer of tea - does that mean cakes too?)
Having changed the last rear at end May, at a cost of £97 for the D205 (Guildford tyres)- which I am very happy with, I think that £175 sounds lots - so will have to save hard - as my 12000 service will be prob due at the same time!:o

C

tyreman 30-Jul-2003 12:52

THATS A PAIR PRICE CK.includes fitting,valve,balance and vat

thanks tyreman

AK 31-Jul-2003 19:54

Wasnt quibbling Mr tyreman - just not spent that much yet on tyres:)
Just wondering if the 205's are still around somewhere - as I do like them:)
Can you u2u me your number?
Cheers,
C

Paul James 07-Aug-2003 08:58

If you like your current Dunlops why not try D207RR's ?, they are a very good tyre, running them on a couple of bikes now, give good grip and seem to be wearing very well. Some dealers will do them fitted for around £160 inc VAT on production of a valid DSC membership card.