Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Cooling Fans (/showthread.php?t=32178)

iang 16-Jun-2006 10:48

Cooling Fans

1 Attachment(s)
Did I read that there was a recall on the 749/999 cooling fans ?

I have checked my fans and they appear to have a gold coloured centre while two other bikes that I have seen have black plastic centred fans as in the attached picture, does it make any difference ?

andyriches 16-Jun-2006 11:00

Yes Ian I think there is quite a significant differance in the cooling capability and with a much more efficent cooling system the throtle can stay fully open for a longer period than that of the older (mark 1 system )

Also the weight loss enables you to add many more shinney bits

Sharpy G 22-Jun-2006 09:18

Ian, mine are also gold centres

genuine hi-flow Corse factory ones with full Titanium bearings and carbonised blades giving less rotating mass and therefore less performance sapping than any other lesser nasty cheap plastic ones !

iang 22-Jun-2006 10:21

Yes Graham I thought that was the case. It looks like Andy,s has been substituted for a vastly inferior product and he has been misinformed to the true performance of the items.To stand any chance of competing with other similar machinery, namely ours, he is going to have to replace them at the earliest opportunity !!

Sharpy G 22-Jun-2006 17:36

yes suffering from at least a 17bhp loss from the fans must be really upsetting !

andyriches 03-Jul-2006 07:43

Thats right boys attack me when i'm on my holly's and can't defend myself