Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   battery light staying on (/showthread.php?t=78924)

graham 26-Mar-2009 02:24

battery light staying on

I think this is a regular fault with the 888 the battery light is staying on at low revs and only goes out at above 3000 rpm i think this is down to the regulator/ rectofier not sure what it is called but it is the one at the head stock if i am right ?
dose any one know if this is the fault and also dose any one have one or know where i can get one?
thanks

Iconic944ss 26-Mar-2009 02:29

Sounds possible Graham...

Have a read here:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=78401

Look here for a replacement:

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/

Good luck - Frank

Jasper 26-Mar-2009 07:08

You need an RR51.

skidlids 26-Mar-2009 08:46

Buggsysps had the same fault on his 916SPS about a week or so ago, next thing he knew after leaving Senna3s house the other evening was that he had smoke coming up from the regulator area behind the right panel as the wires associated to the charging light on the dash melted.
Junked the old early type regulator and replaced it with a later Japanese made one and alls OK now.

keith888 26-Mar-2009 09:44

Before fitting or trying a new regulator its a good idea to check the state of the wiring (2 yellow wires) from the alternator to regulator especially at the connectors. If its in a bad way you risk damaging the new one.

Keith

burtsp5 02-Apr-2009 22:48

Hi,
It would also be a good idea at this time before fitting any new item, to just start from scratch, say the battery, and go through each ternimal , block connecters and especially all the earths, remove, clean the earth point and fittings and rebuild before trying any new part. Doing this you know and have a piece of mind all the relative parts in the circuit are all ok.
Cheers