Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Santa Pod (/showthread.php?t=80927)

Fordie 19-Oct-2009 18:44

Santa Pod

Nothing venture nothing gained, so I headed to Santa Pod on Sunday to the RWYB day. With Kelly and Phil plus Brother Dave we all paid our £25 for as many runs as we could get in,thats in between the fanatical four wheeled nutters and "Pro dragsters" Its quite dounting when you pull in to the runway and see the polished black tarmac diseapering into the distance. First run of the day gave it full berries up into third and hit the limiter 150 meters before the line 124mph ,next run short shifted more and hit fourth gear pushing up to 132mph just over 11 secs, third run,much the same, fourth run front started to come up so i pushed her into third gear which brought her down and managed another 132 . The picture ,taken by my 9yrs old nephew shows me up against a "Pro" the little ticket says it all really. Reaction times and breakdown of the run. Im on the lefthand side the other lad on the right.I think he blew it looking at his results Great craic and a friendly day out. 4D

injected 19-Oct-2009 18:56

What a good idea! Did you have to have a tether kill switch or any other mods?

Fordie 19-Oct-2009 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by injected
What a good idea! Did you have to have a tether kill switch or any other mods?

No checks were made to either bike or rider, just hold a valid Driving Licence and the Runways open to all. It was great no pressure on who you are with Its just you and your bike, there was a bloke on a scooter,took 4 days to reach the line but hay ho he had a smile at the end

chris.p 19-Oct-2009 20:51

Bigger gonads than I have Pete, good on ya:)

Mmmm, I think we should have a DD round there, what do you think??
time for a vote???

Chris:burn:

Dementor 19-Oct-2009 21:01

Nice one Pete....life in the old dog yet :lol:

You'll have to give that old nonda a run to Hampshire one day be good to catch up

Rattler 19-Oct-2009 21:02

Nice work, I'd love to try that!!! ;)

Fordie 19-Oct-2009 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
Nice one Pete....life in the old dog yet :lol:

You'll have to give that old nonda a run to Hampshire one day be good to catch up

I would like nothing better to get down and have a blast with the Hampshiretarians again. Might well be next year though, weather on the turn,Blades dont do wet cold weather, well the Blade might I don't (Must be getting old)

Fordie 19-Oct-2009 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler
Nice work, I'd love to try that!!! ;)

Tim, its infectous. Get half a dozen or more and you could have a ball. No two runs are the same. 4D

Fordie 19-Oct-2009 22:49

Don't now if this will work, Me and Phil on his GXR 1000 together pipped me by .4556sec
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ent=Video6.flv

skidlids 19-Oct-2009 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordie
its infectous.

Your right there Pete
Just tried to find some of my tickets from about 12 years ago but not quite sure where I have hidden them
From what I can recall Terminal speeds were just over 134mph and about 11.7secs but need to find the ticket to be sure.
The Magnum 4 had loads of power from its GSXR11 engine and Mikuini Smoothbores but the short wheel base did mean it spent the first 1/8th of a mile on the back wheel
Got my 1981 Z1000 in to the 11s when competeing in Superbike magazines Ultimate Streetbike competition.
If you haven't done it its worth having a go doesn't really matter what bike I've done RWYB on a XS1100 and my old 400/4, its always fun as your always trying to better your own time unless you like my mate Tez who just wanted to Wheelie the whole 1/4 mile all the time

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Pete, bit of Hill Climbing next then ???