Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC & Ducati Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   DSC Trackday 2010 - Information and Booking Form (/showthread.php?t=81311)

antonye 31-Mar-2010 21:50

You should get an email confirmation from the shop for your purchase - did you get one?

Normally we don't get any info/confirmation about the event until closer to the date, as it is a couple of months away still!

chris.p 31-Mar-2010 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranquil_rage
I've booked up for both days through the Online Shop last week but have had no email or confirmation through although the money has been taken. Will instructions be sent out at a later date?

Also as I wasn't a club member, will the included membership fee include a full years membership or is it simply a surcharge for the 2 days?

Booked Cathy's two days tonight, had email confirmation within a few minutes.

Chris:burn:

tranquil_rage 01-Apr-2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
Well done, you won't regret it :)

Email Chris Bushell chris.bushell@sgrassociates.com and I'm sure he will answer your questions......he will probably be a bit busy this weekend with DD at BSB Brands though.

Cheers!

Just had a closer look and I did get a confirmation email, I'll just keep an eye out for the instructions closer to the date.

multirod 15-May-2010 20:03

In the online shop there is no option for members to book ????

chris.p 15-May-2010 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodney Rayner

Just looked & there are two members only bookings.
A one day only and a two day

DSC Track Attack 2010 - One Day (members only) (DSC Members Only)
Trackday place for one day, members only rate. Please select the day you wish to attend from the options. !
Ref: DSC-TA-1DM

DSC Track Attack 2010 - Two Days (members only) (DSC Members Only)
Trackday place for both days,Ref: DSC-TA-2DM
Option: Novice Group Inters Group Fast Group

Chris:burn:

antonye 15-May-2010 20:45

Quote:

You won't see the Members booking option as you don't have your Member Roundel on the website - this is how it checks to see what "extras" in the Online Shop only members can see.

If you're a fully paid-up member, you need to speak to the Membership Secretary to get your roundel added on the website.

If you just want to book without all that palaver, use the old-fashioned paper forms, which you can print from the link above!

multirod 15-May-2010 23:36

Thanks Antonye for the explanation.
Think I'll use paper & fax method.......

antonye 16-May-2010 17:00

Quote:

Thanks Antonye for the explanation.
Think I'll use paper & fax method.......

He he - sometimes the simplest methods are the best!

The shop is setup that way because the club is only allowed to sell Ducati-branded merchandise to it's members. I believe this is because this is in place to ensure that the club can use the word "Ducati" and associated logos without infringing on their trademarks and copyright - it's effectively a licensing deal.

If we were to offer/sell branded items to non-club members, it's breaking this agreement and the club gets in trouble. I think Ducati stipulated this because otherwise you could setup an affiliated club and then start flogging your own cheap Ducati gear to all and sundry under the licensing agreement.

Obviously this doesn't apply with the trackday, but it made sense to make the members-only trackday options visible only to members to avoid people just picking the cheapest option and then it being a logistical nightmare sorting people out!

And.... it all relies on the membership database being upto date and someone updating the website, which can be tricky if the paid-up members don't give their forum name when they pay, as the two systems are separate!

multirod 18-May-2010 16:57

Anyone recommend a good pub nearby to stay Sunday night ?

multirod 19-May-2010 22:46

I've booked the Royal Oak Splash pub as on the Cadwell track web site. Anyone else staying there ?