Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC & Ducati Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   DSC Trackday 2010 - Information and Booking Form (/showthread.php?t=81311)

webteam 23-Dec-2009 20:36

DSC Trackday 2010 - Information and Booking Form

2 Attachment(s)
The Club is pleased to announce that we will be holding a track day on Mon 28th & Tues 29th of June 2010 at Cadwell Park. We will have exclusive access to the track for both days and will be running the normal 3 classes, with up to 38 in each class.

Members of DSC:
£95/day or £180/2 days up to 31/12/09
£105/day or £200/2 days up to 21/03/10
thereafter £110/day

Club Membership:
£25 per year

As usual, the first day (28th) will be Ducati ONLY. The second day (29th) will be ANY make, but there is a £10 surcharge if you wish to ride a non-Ducati on this day.

The booking forms for the Trackday are attached, or you may now book online using the DSC Online Shop: http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/shop/index.php?cat=8

See you at Cadwell!

Dementor 23-Dec-2009 20:55

Come on you lot ......get it booked, I have :) It's the best trackday of the year.

ChrisBushell 24-Dec-2009 08:39

Please note that the initial discount period ends on the 31st of December - I will be doing a check on that date and entries received will be processed.

Entries that are received after the 31st will be charged at the higher rate.

WeeJohnyB 24-Dec-2009 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Please note that the initial discount period ends on the 31st of December - I will be doing a check on that date and entries received will be processed.

Entries that are received after the 31st will be charged at the higher rate.

Chris, much as I admire the drive to get people to pay early, giving people only 7 days notice on the site (which you always say is only seen by a very small percentage of members) is too short a period. Even members who do come on here may be on holiday over the break. What about Christmas post? How have you communicated this discount period to people who do not come on here?

Why not give people until the end of January? Not many are thinking about next summer at this time - it's Christmas!! Come January, people start to look forward, so give them that time to get booked.

WeeJohnyB

webteam 24-Dec-2009 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Chris, much as I admire the drive to get people to pay early, giving people only 7 days notice on the site (which you always say is only seen by a very small percentage of members) is too short a period.

The discount periods were made clear when the event details were announced back in October (original thread is here), so have been known for months.
This is a reminder rather than an announcement of the event.

There is still another discount period until the 21st of March, during which you can still get a £10 reduction per day if booked before then.

WeeJohnyB 24-Dec-2009 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by webteam
The discount periods were made clear when the event details were announced back in October (original thread is here), so have been known for months.
This is a reminder rather than an announcement of the event.

There is still another discount period until the 21st of March, during which you can still get a £10 reduction per day if booked before then.

I can't remember last week never mind October:(

WeeJohnyB

TopiToo 27-Dec-2009 21:31

Hello

Just thought this needs a reminder as the cut off date for the
reduced price is soon.:(

TopiToo

dunlop0_1 28-Dec-2009 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
Come on you lot ......get it booked, I have :) It's the best trackday of the year.

Posted mine and Louises today. Wehayyyyy.

Ray 31-Dec-2009 09:43

Booked both days, best track day of the year IMHO.

Ray

Dukeman358 31-Dec-2009 16:37

My two days were booked some time ago....yeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaaaagh!:D

gozzy 06-Jan-2010 21:44

Hi
Is there still room for 2 in the novice group on the 29th.

This would be my first Ducati day as I am now the proud owner of a 748 and my mate would like to join you on his Aprillia RSV Mille.

Is there noise restrictions on the day, I have termi's which appear to be very loud:)

Dementor 06-Jan-2010 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gozzy
Hi
Is there still room for 2 in the novice group on the 29th.

This would be my first Ducati day as I am now the proud owner of a 748 and my mate would like to join you on his Aprillia RSV Mille.

Is there noise restrictions on the day, I have termi's which appear to be very loud:)

Gozzy I am sure there will be, just download the form in this thread and send or book via the online shop.

Noise is 105dB Termis should be ok, if you have baffles just take them along just in case.

gozzy 06-Jan-2010 22:22

Quote:

Gozzy I am sure there will be, just download the form in this thread and send or book via the online shop.

Noise is 105dB Termis should be ok, if you have baffles just take them along just in case.

Ok, thanks will do.

I dont have baffles, I have been on trackdays before where there is a guy on hand to fit them for you, will that be the case here

ChrisBushell 07-Jan-2010 08:08

Best bet is to make sure that you have a pair of DB killers then - just in case.

From the man who they wouldn't let out - 112DB with killers in!

Chicky 22-Jan-2010 16:06

Oooooh I want to play!!! But I can't get the time off work :(

Dementor 22-Jan-2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicky

Sure there will still be some flu viruses around then :D

skidlids 22-Jan-2010 19:22

Quote:

Sure there will still be some flu viruses around then :D

If I come down with the flu just prior to the trackday I'm coming looking for you :p

dunlop0_1 22-Jan-2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicky

Defo ring in sick....:D

tranquil_rage 31-Mar-2010 13:06

I've booked up for both days through the Online Shop last week but have had no email or confirmation through although the money has been taken. Will instructions be sent out at a later date?

Also as I wasn't a club member, will the included membership fee include a full years membership or is it simply a surcharge for the 2 days?

Dementor 31-Mar-2010 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranquil_rage
I've booked up for both days through the Online Shop last week but have had no email or confirmation through although the money has been taken. Will instructions be sent out at a later date?

Also as I wasn't a club member, will the included membership fee include a full years membership or is it simply a surcharge for the 2 days?

Well done, you won't regret it :)

Email Chris Bushell chris.bushell@sgrassociates.com and I'm sure he will answer your questions......he will probably be a bit busy this weekend with DD at BSB Brands though.

antonye 31-Mar-2010 21:50

You should get an email confirmation from the shop for your purchase - did you get one?

Normally we don't get any info/confirmation about the event until closer to the date, as it is a couple of months away still!

chris.p 31-Mar-2010 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranquil_rage

Booked Cathy's two days tonight, had email confirmation within a few minutes.

Chris:burn:

tranquil_rage 01-Apr-2010 18:05

Quote:

Well done, you won't regret it :)

Email Chris Bushell chris.bushell@sgrassociates.com and I'm sure he will answer your questions......he will probably be a bit busy this weekend with DD at BSB Brands though.

Cheers!

Just had a closer look and I did get a confirmation email, I'll just keep an eye out for the instructions closer to the date.

multirod 15-May-2010 20:03

In the online shop there is no option for members to book ????

chris.p 15-May-2010 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodney Rayner

Just looked & there are two members only bookings.
A one day only and a two day

DSC Track Attack 2010 - One Day (members only) (DSC Members Only)
Trackday place for one day, members only rate. Please select the day you wish to attend from the options. !
Ref: DSC-TA-1DM

DSC Track Attack 2010 - Two Days (members only) (DSC Members Only)
Trackday place for both days,Ref: DSC-TA-2DM
Option: Novice Group Inters Group Fast Group

Chris:burn:

antonye 15-May-2010 20:45

Quote:

You won't see the Members booking option as you don't have your Member Roundel on the website - this is how it checks to see what "extras" in the Online Shop only members can see.

If you're a fully paid-up member, you need to speak to the Membership Secretary to get your roundel added on the website.

If you just want to book without all that palaver, use the old-fashioned paper forms, which you can print from the link above!

multirod 15-May-2010 23:36

Thanks Antonye for the explanation.
Think I'll use paper & fax method.......

antonye 16-May-2010 17:00

Quote:

Thanks Antonye for the explanation.
Think I'll use paper & fax method.......

He he - sometimes the simplest methods are the best!

The shop is setup that way because the club is only allowed to sell Ducati-branded merchandise to it's members. I believe this is because this is in place to ensure that the club can use the word "Ducati" and associated logos without infringing on their trademarks and copyright - it's effectively a licensing deal.

If we were to offer/sell branded items to non-club members, it's breaking this agreement and the club gets in trouble. I think Ducati stipulated this because otherwise you could setup an affiliated club and then start flogging your own cheap Ducati gear to all and sundry under the licensing agreement.

Obviously this doesn't apply with the trackday, but it made sense to make the members-only trackday options visible only to members to avoid people just picking the cheapest option and then it being a logistical nightmare sorting people out!

And.... it all relies on the membership database being upto date and someone updating the website, which can be tricky if the paid-up members don't give their forum name when they pay, as the two systems are separate!

multirod 18-May-2010 16:57

Anyone recommend a good pub nearby to stay Sunday night ?

multirod 19-May-2010 22:46

I've booked the Royal Oak Splash pub as on the Cadwell track web site. Anyone else staying there ?

bigtwin 20-May-2010 21:26

Quote:

I've booked the Royal Oak Splash pub as on the Cadwell track web site. Anyone else staying there ?

Possibly, but I'll be camping (of sorts) at Cadwell along with quite a few others.

David Mckay 21-May-2010 12:23

Anyone know if there are any nov/inter places on the 28th ? - I will try an keep it on the track this time.

bradders 21-May-2010 12:56

just book it...theres bound to be space ;)

TopiToo 21-May-2010 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
You should get an email confirmation from the shop for your purchase - did you get one?

nope . . but might have something todo with OLD details on the system?
I had to update my current address etc, CB has replied and I understand its being processed :confused:

TopiToo

antonye 22-May-2010 00:53

You can update your details through the Membership interface:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/in...ge=membersonly

gozzy 31-May-2010 21:26

Hi
Does anybody know what time we need to be thereon the 29th? Do we get details closer to D-Day?
Chris - you will be pleased to hear that the Aprillia that was coming with me has now turned into an 1198

WeeJohnyB 31-May-2010 22:04

Monty is in charge, but if we follow our normal routine it will be;

7.30 - sign-on opens
8.30 - safety briefing (and sign-on closes)
9.00 - Red/Fast group on track
9.20 - Yellow/Inters
9.40 - Green/Novice

repeat until lunch (approx 1.00 - 2.00 depending on how we use the time in the morning

2.00 - 5.00 - more of the same

5.00 onwards, beer, nonsense, tall stories, more beer, more nonsense, loud music maybe, lots of laughs and bed

Wake up and repeat

WeeJohnyb

gozzy 02-Jun-2010 22:27

Thanks for that -i'm counting down the days

John W 02-Jun-2010 22:54

Quote:

Hi All,
is anyone else staying at the Royal Oak Splash ?

I've not had chance to sort out transport and am running out of time (we are away the week before too), so its looking like I'll ride up and stay in comfort rather than camp.
I'm wondering if you guys don't want to openly say who is staying at the hotel, or no one except Rod is staying there cos its pants or something ?

Please send me a pm if you don't want to post openly.

Cheers all,
John.

multirod 03-Jun-2010 02:20

When they heard I'm staying there they all cancelled.....!!