Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   SS project (/showthread.php?t=294899)

yorkie 31-Mar-2014 21:44

SS project

Nearly completed my Cafe/Street SS, just got some of the electrics and minor bits to finish.

Mark at MADASL (http://www.madasl.co.uk/) has been helping me on the way, selling me stuff I needed and bolting some trick bits on.

Like this custom top yoke he had made for me:

This is how it stands at the moment:

Yorkie

skidlids 31-Mar-2014 23:15

Bet that pipes loud
I spy Newer type masters, switch gear and front fender so must be some brackets behind that.
Not to sure about the Monster seat pod, need a picture of the tail end to decide on that one

yorkie 31-Mar-2014 23:51

Skids,

I will put a picture up tomorrow of the back of the seat unit, I'm doing the build for as close to £1000 as I can (not to far off at the moment) unless Mark bolts some more lovely stuff on when I'm not looking.

It's a nice sound from the exhaust, 'E' marked but not track safe! The engine is 4 different ones cobbled together, the base is a 1994 and the rest is made up of ie and carbed bits.

So far I am on about £1300, but I still have some bits off the original 750 to sell.

Yorkie

yorkie 01-Apr-2014 00:01

Side on:

Rear view:

Yorkie

yorkie 01-Apr-2014 00:08

The rear end has a 180 tyre on a 750SS rim, just to slow the steering down a bit.

The loom has had loads chopped out of it so far and more to go, I hate electrics, and thicker battery/starter cables were a must. The rear drive and break light is tiny but so bright and it fits nicely under the seat unit.

The engine has been decoked and cleaned and lighter adjustable cam pulleys fitted.

Yorkie

skidlids 01-Apr-2014 07:09

I would have thought the 25 degree rake angle of the SS frame would slow the steering enough rather than over tyre the 4.5 inch rear rim. Are you sing the 900 sprocket carrier to get the chain away from the tyre and lined up with the chain guides on the swingarm

yorkie 01-Apr-2014 12:22

Everything is lined up and about 1cm clear of the tyre, plenty of room.

The tyre was chose for looks really, the slow steering may just be a by-product.

Yorkie

yorkie 12-Apr-2015 12:02

Well its complete and running and sort of legal and used for a couple of photo-shoots:

I'm off to Popham today to see if anyone is out and about.

My old Monster and another project are next.

Yorkie

Spjallen 13-Apr-2015 21:07

I don't those girls footwear will get through scrutinnering!

Bike looks really nice though.

yorkie 13-Apr-2015 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spjallen
I don't those girls footwear will get through scrutinnering!

Bike looks really nice though.

I think you might be right about the footwear.

Yorkie