Ducati Sporting Club

Ducati Sporting Club (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Adjustable Steering Damper 996 (/showthread.php?t=276037)

r15suk 27-Dec-2013 12:02 PM

Adjustable Steering Damper 996
 
Hi Merry Xmas everyone.

I want to fit an adjustable steering damper to my 996. I know there are loads of good ones out there with varying prices.

What would people recommed or even better, any that people would say a big NO too?

Cheers
Simon

dunlop0_1 27-Dec-2013 02:28 PM

I have one of these on the race bike. At least 3 years old and given me no trouble at all (including several crashes). Lots of adjustment too. :)

Neil


r15suk 27-Dec-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
I have one of these on the race bike. At least 3 years old and given me no trouble at all (including several crashes). Lots of adjustment too. :)

Neil



Thanks for that. Will you still need my rear shock when i eventually get it off :eek:

simon

dunlop0_1 27-Dec-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r15suk
Thanks for that. Will you still need my rear shock when i eventually get it off :eek:

simon


Wow forgot about that Simon. Got one now so all good thanks.

r15suk 27-Dec-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Wow forgot about that Simon. Got one now so all good thanks.


Thats good as i'm sure mine will be a 'mare to get off :mad: Just waiting for my forks to come back from PDQ and then i can assemble the front end and then work on the back end.

simon

skidlids 27-Dec-2013 06:00 PM

I would suggest the Extreme Tech Steering Damper I have on Ebay the Titanium bodied one :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2514115709...84.m1558.l2649

Borrowed by Mark Edwards the year he won the North Glos SoT Championship on his 748RS

Would sell it for 190 plus postage

r15suk 28-Dec-2013 01:20 PM

Pm sent

skidlids 28-Dec-2013 07:36 PM

Replied to


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Ducati Sporting Club