Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Another newbie popping in .. (/showthread.php?t=96422)

DangerousD 12-Apr-2012 12:39

Another newbie popping in ..

Morning all,

I thought it was about time I joined the forum, after all it's a bit rude of me to keep trawling though your classifieds and technical help without saying hello.

I've had a few Italian motorcycles over the years and currently run a 57 plate 749r which I've had for the last three. I say "run" but (tin hat on) as the 'dream bike' I always wanted, I'm scared of riding it in case it gets damaged or marked so, when I do take her out, it's not as much fun as the old beater I had before hand.

I'm that paranoid about it, last year it went to the dealer and back for it's service and that's it.With still less than 2k on the clock, it's such a waste. The wife says it's like a Picaso that you keep in the bank vault and never see - Yes thanks for that love!

Please help
DD

antonye 12-Apr-2012 14:22

People get enjoyment from their bikes in different ways - some like to sit and polish, some like to ride. Whatever tickles your fancy, you're among friends here ;)

Dukeman358 13-Apr-2012 14:06

Hi and welcome. Couldnt do what you do as the bikes just need to be riddent but it is a shame to see the stone chips etc but it adds character;)

Take care and it sounds like I probably won't see you out and about but enjoy:)

007 13-Apr-2012 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousD
Morning all,

I thought it was about time I joined the forum, after all it's a bit rude of me to keep trawling though your classifieds and technical help without saying hello.

I've had a few Italian motorcycles over the years and currently run a 57 plate 749r which I've had for the last three. I say "run" but (tin hat on) as the 'dream bike' I always wanted, I'm scared of riding it in case it gets damaged or marked so, when I do take her out, it's not as much fun as the old beater I had before hand.

I'm that paranoid about it, last year it went to the dealer and back for it's service and that's it.With still less than 2k on the clock, it's such a waste. The wife says it's like a Picaso that you keep in the bank vault and never see - Yes thanks for that love!

Please help
DD

Welcome, your amongst friends here, however you derive pleasure from your machine, we are a broad church........

Keep it sunnyside up.

Best regards,

James

DangerousD 13-Apr-2012 20:40

Thanks for your comments, I always thought you were a friendly bunch.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I don't enjoy it. I'd really love to ride it more and not be overly fussed about it, but I over stretched the budget to get it and I think that's been my downfall.

Your all right, I just need to put the £££ to one side and just get on with it.

antonye 13-Apr-2012 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousD
Your all right, I just need to put the £££ to one side and just get on with it.

I had the same dilemma - brand new Hypermotard 1100S and it was spotless, proper spotless. But one ride on it and you realise why you buy these things - to thrash the nuts off them!!

Nothing wrong with being worried about the £££s but you only have to ride it how you want to and if that means slow and careful then who are we to judge?

Just enjoy it :D