Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Stolen Bikes (/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Eyes and ears open please (/showthread.php?t=32792)

madmav 27-Jun-2006 10:52

Eyes and ears open please

Another fantastic weekend at the ring!
BUT < a sad end for two guys from carlisle,
On the way back last night two guys on Gixxer 750 k5's in blue, stopped off at the Hotel (REGENT LODGE) on the M1 at Luton,
They awoke early this morning to find their bike's Gone!
CCTV shows a van with 3 hooded guys loading them into a van!!!!!
if anyone hears out please get intouch

It's a long shot I know but loads of peeps on here!
so please keep your eyes and ears open
Reg No's SA55 NYU and SB05 BGK
please post this on other forums please with the owners permission

cheers MAv

NBs996 27-Jun-2006 11:09

That's not how you'd want your weekend to finnish :(

frame/engine numbers might be more useful mav?

madmav 27-Jun-2006 11:16

nick!!
one Bike had all docks under seat (****e) the other one has got his! I'm waiting to hear if they are going to get a hire car from insurance or if i'm gonna help out and fetch them later!
THE very sad thing is i asked them if they wanted to stay over at our house last night, as they were having to travel all the way back up to Carlisle, and I did not get back untill 11.30........
They said they did not want to put me to the trouble, so opted for Luton!
blood shame as they were two real nice bike and guys
Update.... manager of hotel gone mad as security guy seemed to have fallen asleep
yeah right !!!!!!!!
will up date l8tr
cheers Nick

mav

Jools 27-Jun-2006 14:25

Luton :( 'nuff said...

I'm surprised I've still got my bike whenever I go through Luton...and that's when I'm riding it, never mind stopping anywhere.

Hope they find the bastids...they could do worse than start with the security guard

Felix 27-Jun-2006 14:28

That's ****, innit. Still remember walking into my garage one morning last year and find the bike gone. Don't you just love CCTV cameras! They're farking useless!!!!

Loz 27-Jun-2006 14:29

Yes, the old inside job. A couple of recent incidents at my work spring to mind ... :ninja:

madmav 28-Jun-2006 22:47

Update

Great news for the two guys!
They had a phone call from the police at Leighton Buzzard, they found the stolen van and when they opened it
two Gixxers were still inside.
Lock damage and Minor scratches and number plates missing!
CCTV was checked and get this 1min.2 sec it took from when the van pulled up until the scrotes drove away!
The Night watch man went to the loo !!!!!!!!!!!!!
well draw your own conclusions lol
anyway they will be reunited tomorrow with their bikes

lucky or what
..mav

Loz 28-Jun-2006 23:08

Lucky indeed - and good news, too. Great stuff, glad to hear it!

ath748 29-Jun-2006 07:24

That is fantastic news. Something you don't hear very often.

The security guard sounds like the inside man though....

Wylie1 29-Jun-2006 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ath748
That is fantastic news. Something you don't hear very often.

Very, very lucky to get their bikes back, but great news nonetheless. Like you say, it's not often you hear that. Although.....

.....a mate of mine had his WR250 & gsxr750 stolen (+ all his bike kit & keys) about 4 weeks ago. The WR was found dumped further up the road, but he thought he'd lost the gsxr for good. Then another mate saw his gsxr parked up with different No. plates on (identifiable from some old crash damage) a couple of weeks after it was nicked. Stroke of luck, he thought so he called the police, but the police said they couldn't do anything about it because the No. plates were different. WTF?!! Anyway, my mate got his spare keys & went to collect the bike himself. Another result for the statistics, but just lucky really.