Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   888 down but hopefully not for long! (/showthread.php?t=78981)

superfly 30-Mar-2009 22:48

888 down but hopefully not for long!

After having owned my 888 since last june,i was looking fowward to doing shows and meets with it this year,but 2 friday's ago changed all that when i was involved in a colision with a mercedes car, dont no alot about the crash except i'm now home with a broken leg with 2 titananium rods and several screws holding me together.havnt seen the bike yet should be on thurs or fri but it was recovered by friends who say damage isnt too bad whatever that means!I am probably off work now for 4-6 months.
I will probably on the look out for parts etc in a couple of months so all help will be greatly appreciated.
Would also like to say hi to Guy who i met a couple of sundays ago and had a cup of tea and seen his lovely toys,whilst i was on a rideout with the lads from the cheshire area.

bradders 30-Mar-2009 22:56

bad luck mate, hope it mends soon

hindsight 31-Mar-2009 06:28

:o

Gutted to hear that - on both levels. Sounds like you've got your head straight and you're keen to pick up the pieces and get on with the job in hand, which is good to hear.

Do let us know how you get on..

Jonathan Novice 31-Mar-2009 10:05

Speedy recovery

007 31-Mar-2009 10:07

All the best, I wish you and your machine a speedy recovery.

Jools 31-Mar-2009 17:23

Ouch. Unlucky. I hope you mend soon and manage to get the T8 fettled, some of the bits are starting to get a bit rare now, especially bodywork. Still, they're not so rare that ebay doesn't kick up a fair few bits for em still

Ian900SLV 31-Mar-2009 19:20

Gutted for you Shaun, hope you are on the mend and keeping ya chin up.
If I can be any help sorting ya bike out let me know, you have my number mate

All the best

Ian

YMFB 31-Mar-2009 20:57

GWS and hope the bike is not too bad.

Nattyboy 06-Apr-2009 21:06

Sorry to hear that mate but maximum respect for sounding positive and wanting to get the old girl back together..we'll do all we can to help !

Cheers
Nat

burtsp5 07-Apr-2009 11:59

Hi, sorry to hear about your crash, hope you have a speedy recovery, as nat's comments, if you need any thing made and its within my scope, please shout.

Cheers,
Guy