Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Handguards on my S2R - Beat that wind Chill (/showthread.php?t=81291)

skidlids 20-Dec-2009 12:32

Handguards on my S2R - Beat that wind Chill

3 Attachment(s)
I have been meaning to do it for a while but the last couple of rideouts spurred me on to but a set of handguards and get them fitted to the bike.
Initially I bought a set off a KTM but there was no way I could make them fit.
Gilps pointed me in the direction of a set of Acerbis Dual Road Handguards
http://www.motostrano.com/acduroha.html

But after owing a couple of Enduro bikes in the past I prefered the look and fitting systems of the Moto-X type so opted for a set of Bike Its Universal Venom Brush Guards
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Available in a choice of colours and I did think about Orange but was unsure to how good a match the colour would be so in the end went for black to match the Corse style stripes running through the bikes bodywork.

Just had to twist the metalwork slightly to get them to suit my bars.

They should take some of the wind chill off my hands come the boxing day meet and rideout

sorry about the poor pic quality, taken on the phone camera in the confines of my cold garage

skidlids 02-Jan-2010 16:31

Just got back from a 70 mile round trip to visit George Whites in Swindon to return the Frank Thomas Xti gloves I bought at the show as all the finger ends of the right hand glove had come unstitched.
A very helpful young woman is sending them back to FT for me to see if they will replace them even though I can't find the receipt.

Its been fairly cold out and according to Metcheck it should have been 0 deg C with a wind chill making it feel a degree or two colder and I can believe that as the back road into George Whites was like a skating rink, that is to say it was white and slippery :o
Thankfully the cafe was open so I could have a warming cup of char and a Bacon Bap.

Dispite the near freezing conditions the handguards did what I hoped they would and deflected the cold air away from my hands so for once my fingers DON'T feel as they have frost bite :)

NBs996 02-Jan-2010 16:47

They're very effective aren't they.
Had hand guards on my kmx, but never had the courage to put some on the 996!

skidlids 02-Jan-2010 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBs996
but never had the courage to put some on the 996!

Why not Foggy did at Donington about 10 years ago