Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Here We Go Again!!:( (/showthread.php?t=84124)

Dukeman358 23-Mar-2011 17:23

Here We Go Again!!:(

Bike in for big service so that is going to hurt:o but got the call from hell informing me that the clutch shaft bearing has disintegrated and bits of metal everywhere so need strip down and new bottom end stuff!!:mad:

Can't bl**dy believe it:( There goes my slipper clutch then!!

Annette 23-Mar-2011 19:02

That's terrible!
I had the dreaded IMS failure in my 997 four month ago. Blew my engine apart with no warning. I only just got the car back. And a HUGE bill for what is a much written about design defect. Sucks big time. It's the price we pay for expensive toys.
I really feel for you and hope you are back on two wheels shortly with minimum damage for your wallet.

Loz 23-Mar-2011 20:19

Ouch, that really sucks :( Are you really going to have to bear the full cost yourself?

<waves to Annette> - "Hi Annette" (You won't remember me :) )

bradders 23-Mar-2011 20:21

Bummer !! :(

PHIL-THE-DRILL 23-Mar-2011 23:52

Oh no ! Not another summer wrecked.

clint 24-Mar-2011 09:05

Sorry to hear that Kim.
Especially after all the previous issues you had with the bike.

Annette 24-Mar-2011 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz
Ouch, that really sucks :( Are you really going to have to bear the full cost yourself?

<waves to Annette> - "Hi Annette" (You won't remember me :) )

Of course I remember you. Hello.
That's why it's taken 4 months. And being in Italy its a whole different deal. You've heard the expression 'if you shake hands with an Italian count your fingers afterwards'. It's not an insult to a nation. It's simply how they do every day business. We got Stuttgart involved and a solicitor and split the bill down the middle, after much negotiation. Still not right tho. We now have an engine without the alleged design fault. But I'm planning on getting rid of him. After years and years of owning 911's I've had it with them. Funny thing is. I'm looking at getting a Freelander 2 HSE instead. Fantastic cars. Must be old age creeping in.

Dukeman358 24-Mar-2011 16:35

Summer better not be wrecked!:mad: Off to France and also paid up on the Corse weekend so need a decent and errrm reliable machine.

It's got to go:(

Dukeman358 01-Apr-2011 14:03

1098 is dead.....long live the **8!!:o

Pick up the newbie in the morning and can't wait to 'run' it in:p

Could not take the risk of more wasted summer days and the planned events for 2011;)

So my fairings will be for sale shortly:)

bradders 01-Apr-2011 15:43

mmm fairings for sale...cant be 848 then....