Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Keeping those white frames clean? (/showthread.php?t=39616)

Rob B 11-Dec-2006 21:25

Keeping those white frames clean?

OK, so it's been a good year, plenty of good rides and other stuff filling the weekends, and not really enough time to really get into all the nooks and crannies after every ride. With the bike semi stripped, it's no surprise to find **** and muck in all sorts of places and, short of a loom and all off the frame strip, I was wodering how you keep your pride and joy pristine?

Also, it has to be said that the white frame is more prone to discolouration, so what do you use through the year to avoid contamination from brake and clutch dust etc?

TIA,

Rob

851neil 11-Dec-2006 22:46

hey rob, I just use Mer polish, apparently it doesn't let the crud attack the paintwork. Not sure if it works or not but I habitually use the stuff on frame, wheels, bodywork etc
cheers

Neil

keefer 11-Dec-2006 22:54

polish
nuff said

Mr.R 11-Dec-2006 23:08

Hi and Amen to that Rob. My own "92 strada's white frame is rather stained now, also chipped badly....I think it has the pattina of age, but upside a bike such as yours or most of the T'8's pictured on this forum, it looks downright tatty! I'm afraid the only solution will be another total stripdown and powder coat, I think I'll wait until the engine goes BANG or at least needs a refreash or when the MK 2 984cc motor is finished:devil:
Steve.
P.S. All the classic bike polishers swear by toothbrushes for all the nooks and crannies, seems like too much like hard work to me! A coat of paint never made a bike go faster anyway!

Rob B 12-Dec-2006 20:06

OK guys, thanks. Get as much of the frame clear and clean, and hit it up with a load of polish.

Rgds,

Rob