Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Strange phone call? (/showthread.php?t=80926)

Col996s 19-Oct-2009 12:03

Strange phone call?

At home today "sick" preparing for a hospital test.
Just answered the phone and the caller rang off. The number was retained, 01933356066. I Googled it and it came up as MCE Insurance. My bike insurance is with them and is due soon. There were several complaints on the web of this happening to several other people.
Why would an Insurance Company do this, p*ss people off by calling them and then hanging up?
This happened to anyone else on here?

gordonparker 19-Oct-2009 12:14

Hi Col, hope all goes well with the tests, i had a skin graft on my ankle last week and am back on the crutch's for a few weeks:rolleyes:
Was not as painfull as expected:D

Col996s 19-Oct-2009 12:48

Thanks Gordon.
Nothing to eat today as I'm having a Colonscopy and an Endoscopy tomorrow. Lots of nice laxative to drink, yum.

Gilps 19-Oct-2009 13:30

It's automated dialling in the call centres. The system decides who to call next then makes the call. Then it passes it over to an oik to annoy you. If the said oik logs out for a fag break before taking the call then it just hangs up.

chris.p 19-Oct-2009 18:26

Good luck with the tests Col, I had an Endoscapy a few weeks ago, opted for the throat spray and the sedative, deffo the best choice, fortunatly it was negative although they did find that I had lesions and Helicobacter Pylori:( So on Antibiotics & mega ant acid pills

Chris:burn:

Col996s 19-Oct-2009 20:21

Thanks Chris. Already told I'm going to be sedated. Not sure which end will be the worse.

chris.p 19-Oct-2009 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col996s
Thanks Chris. Already told I'm going to be sedated. Not sure which end will be the worse.

I think the endoscapy is the better of the two, from what I have been told.

Chris:burn:

Col996s 20-Oct-2009 11:47

Back already. I can honesty say I suffered no discomfort at all from neither of the operations.
Only thing found is a Hiatus Hernia but I think this is pretty common these days.

John W 20-Oct-2009 13:30

is that the Hiatus Hernia 125, or 250 ?? :lol:

Glad to hear your okay Col.
Yep, it is quite common:
http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/h...us_hernia.html