Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Brands Indy-do you want it?? (/showthread.php?t=20672)

Monty 11-Aug-2005 10:47

Brands Indy-do you want it??

A rhettorical question, we have the track, it's costing us loads to hire it, and I am doing a VERY cheap Brands trackday-so why have I only got 22 entries with only 8 weeks to go??? Don't you WANT to do Brands??

The offer is: get me your form now and I won't cash the cheque or debit your card until September-fair enough??

The other option is: do you want me to throw this open to bikes other than Ducati's and mates of members? Let me know people as I is getting worried..........:(

John

Lily 11-Aug-2005 10:49

John

I simply can't justify the expense of getting there etc just for the Indy circuit, otherwise I would support you.

NBs996 11-Aug-2005 10:54

to be honest John it's a bit pricey!

JPM 11-Aug-2005 10:54

Ditto Lily's comments, too far to justify for us especially for the short circuit

Monty 11-Aug-2005 10:57

Understand that Lily, and Nick-it would be very difficult to do it any cheaper since I need 97 entries to break even and I can only have 105 in total! If you can get a Brands Indy trackday for less money then the operator is making a loss.
But-it's the information I need-perhaps Brands is too expensive for a club trackday?

John

Henners 11-Aug-2005 10:58

John ..

... all DSC trackdays should be for members of the club who should be allowed to ride whatever they want. I really get annoyed when you start out saying Ducatis only and then when it gets close to the day it suddenly become anyone who can pass the mirror test :devil:

Redsps 11-Aug-2005 10:59

what's wrong with the indy curcuit, it's still a day of work and more time on a trackday surely, plus it's a duke day only.
I have no problem with it.

price wise, nothings cheap in this world, go to your local theme park and wastes loads there.
I know what i prefer.

cheers
robin

Monty 11-Aug-2005 11:00

Understand you point Henry old mate, but most members wouldn't support you I think-I will get loads of flack for even suggesting other bikes are allowed-I just can't win can I?

John

AK 11-Aug-2005 11:02

sorry, however much it was - or wasnt, we cant do this:(

too close to Cadwell last race, for AK to risk dropping it somewhere, with only 2 days to fix it - and going to work too.

Just back from hols the w/end before, so couldnt get more time off work

Sorry John

:(

ak47 11-Aug-2005 11:06

where are the details??