Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Carole Nash (/showthread.php?t=28668)

megalite 27-Mar-2006 16:29

Carole Nash

For my ducati 749s third party fire and theft, kept in garage, they are quoting for about £1000. (I am 21). Now they say, if I purchase "tracker monitor" system from them for £399, they can do the 3rd party fire and theft for £371.50. They dont want to give me this offer in writing, say its only telephone deal. What should I do?
I also did BikeSafe, they dont really reduce premium with that, anyone know good insurance company that do recognise the Bike Safe course?

Herb 27-Mar-2006 16:39

I do not think anyone offers a discount for bikesafe. It is a one day course and is not tested so there is no qualification to be gained.

Find your local IAM or RoSPA group as they tend to be recognised by insurers.

Carbon749 27-Mar-2006 16:58

Not sure about the bikesafe thingy, but, give these a try. I already have what I consider to be a cheap insurance and these guys knocked off another 25% :roll:

Plan to go with them when I re-new

http://www.insuremyducati.co.uk/

wogger 27-Mar-2006 17:07

BEWARE of C Nash

They tried that one on me as well, I woul of eventually have saved myself a couple of quid for spending £300 odd on an alarm.

Sit down with the phone and make some calls, there's better /cheaper than them out there, contary to some of the bike mag surveys.

ian johnson 27-Mar-2006 17:23

try premium choice they have done mine for a few years
allways have been best deal..
i think i called ducati insurance and this is who deals with it

i think the guy is called ronnie iirc.

:puzzled:

iang 03-Apr-2006 15:52

My renewal for my 749R was £400 through Frizzel and I managed to get fully comp, protected and with legal cover for £244 through Express Insurance. Insure my ducati was only £265 but I had already agreed to go with Express before I got my quote from them. Ducati Insurance was £320.

Shop about.

Ian Harris 03-Apr-2006 16:29

I got a really good quote from www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk . They're the bunch that take any CSS courses into account. They have a relatively quick on-line quote generator...definitely worth a look

ratboy 11-Apr-2006 23:12

Devitts gave me 5% for having done a Bikesafe day, and on the course, the police riders mentioned that other insurance companies also gave discounts..:sing: