Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   He's coming back! (/showthread.php?t=81302)

ChrisBushell 23-Dec-2009 09:12

He's coming back!

So I am sat there having a bit of breakfast and flicking through the telly. Flicked onto BBC 1 to hear that Michael Schumacher has signed to take Jenson's old seat for 2010!

So at the age of 41 how quick is he going to be?

Ghost 23-Dec-2009 09:27

As good as he was/is, it will defo make it interesting. A huge boost for F1, it needed something.

skidlids 23-Dec-2009 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
As good as he was/is, it will defo make it interesting. A huge boost for F1, it needed something.

I'll go along with that

chris.p 23-Dec-2009 09:56

Quote:

Ditto, you could call him the "Ghost driver";)

Chris:burn:

gordonparker 23-Dec-2009 10:47

I have my season pass and tickets for Silverstone already:) , looks like it could be an interesting season.

Looks like WSB will be at Silverstone also this year, work is ahead of plan for the new Moto GP circuit and should be finished by March 2010

skidlids 23-Dec-2009 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonparker
work is ahead of plan for the new Moto GP circuit and should be finished by March 2010

Thats good news, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished layout and hopefully booking a trackday on the new FULL circuit at some point, also hope to have our annual Silverstone pre-sesaon shake down tests (or crashes if your names Craig or Dallas) around March time

TopiToo 23-Dec-2009 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Ditto, you could call him the "Ghost driver";)

Chris:burn:

Bit like Maro kart then :lol:

Ghost 23-Dec-2009 21:20

He isn't doing it for the shillings, more of once a racer always a racer. Lets face it he was the best and peeps like sharing a grid with the best.

Last race at Cadwell those peeps that raced with Guy Martin, bet they were over the moon, similar analogy, but worlds apart. ;)

skidlids 23-Dec-2009 21:59

Quote:

Last race at Cadwell those peeps that raced with Guy Martin, bet they were over the moon, similar analogy, but worlds apart. ;)

Bit like Castle Combe Superbike Grand National a few years ago when a Ex DSC member topped the Wet quallifying session ahead of the likes if Kiyo and Rutter on the HM plant Hondas as well as a few other well known names such as Sean Emmett.

Although going to the TT allows little known racers to compete against the best there is at the island
One of my favourite pages where two of my mates I helped that year were 3rd fastest in quallifying on the first evening of practice week, even more so as one of them was riding my bike.
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...rysaturday.htm

Although this is a good one with my bike and my mate up to 2nd place
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...imesmonday.htm

I'm sure there are many in next years F1 looking forward to racing against Schui and hoping to beat him. I hope he has a car that allows him to show us how good he still is.

Ghost 24-Dec-2009 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Bit like Castle Combe Superbike Grand National a few years ago when a Ex DSC member topped the Wet quallifying session ahead of the likes if Kiyo and Rutter on the HM plant Hondas as well as a few other well known names such as Sean Emmett.

Although going to the TT allows little known racers to compete against the best there is at the island
One of my favourite pages where two of my mates I helped that year were 3rd fastest in quallifying on the first evening of practice week, even more so as one of them was riding my bike.
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...rysaturday.htm

Although this is a good one with my bike and my mate up to 2nd place
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...imesmonday.htm

I'm sure there are many in next years F1 looking forward to racing against Schui and hoping to beat him. I hope he has a car that allows him to show us how good he still is.

Absolutely +1