Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   WSBK - Silverstone - previous attendees - advice please ... (/showthread.php?t=31039)

everton 23-May-2006 18:56

WSBK - Silverstone - previous attendees - advice please ...

Going to Silverstone this w/e courtesy of Xerox :D

Unfortunately have to take the car :(

What is the likely queuing time seeing as we're in the car?

If we want to get there by 09:00 are we going to queue for hours?

Your experiences and advice gratefully received !!

Jasper 23-May-2006 19:24

Park it in thevillage and walk in!!Avoid the bloody carpark.I'm going down Fri/sat/sun.No Xerox unfortuantely.

ricco749s 23-May-2006 19:32

Bit general, but Bernie's insistance that the Government builds miles of dual-carriageway through open countryside to the circuit for 2 days use a year means that access is pretty good, even for cars. If you want to avoid traffic and are coming from the south, would recommend you think about taking the scenic route, going north from Buckingham via Stowe school - country lanes all the way, bringing you out literally on the doorstep of the circuit. Have done the last 3 yrs to WSb using this route and not encountered any traffic. Maybe somebody else whose driven in can give you more first hand info on car access - shame you can't bike in because, as I'm sure you know, the A413 north from Aylesbury to Buckingham is a bit special!

chrisw 23-May-2006 19:49

First time for me as well. I'm there Fri/Sat/Sun with friends who go every year. We will be camping at:

http://whittlebury.com/camping.html

Weather permitting I will be sporting my DSC T-Shirts.

andyb 23-May-2006 23:37

Hey Everton, ill give you a blue light run in.........:lol::lol::pig:

gordonparker 24-May-2006 11:33

Hi Everton Ricco is correct approach Buckingham /Stowe Landscape Gardens from either Bicester or A43, follow the signs for Chackmore, Dadford Stowe. after Dadford the circuit is approx 1.5 miles.
If car park west 10 is open you can park here at Abbey and walk up but as they are not using the full circuit it may not be open.

Usually at the 1st r/bout you can enter 1 of the car parks rather than going to the main entrance at the next one.

At that time from this direction you will not have a problem, also the best way to escape on Sunday

If you want further info you can call me or send a U2U with your phone #

The Queens Head in Chackmore is reasonable watering hole with food.
for post race jollies
A few of the Notts lot are staying with me but at the moment Nelly looks doubtful
We shall be there Fri-Sun based in the Silverstone Racing Club at Luffield

Nattyboy 24-May-2006 18:10

As im bikeless I'll be taking nattyboy junior in the car so i.m also hoping its not another donnington fiasco (cant see it somehow!!)

Nat

VanDaMauler 24-May-2006 20:38

Might be down on Sunday for race day.

Gonna be sunny too...

skidlids 28-May-2006 00:29

Quote:

Originally posted by gordonparker
Usually at the 1st r/bout you can enter 1 of the car parks rather than going to the main entrance at the next one.

At that time from this direction you will not have a problem, also the best way to escape on Sunday

thanks for the heads up Gordon, on Thursday I went by way of Bicester, Tingewick and uptowards Stowe house.
As I'm heading for the circuit as soon as I finish my nightshift I expect to be there around 9am. Just wondering if that carpark is just for cars or can I leave the bike there as well.