Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Morning shock!! (/showthread.php?t=80482)

ChrisBushell 28-Aug-2009 12:50

Morning shock!!

Well its Friday and I thought that I would try and get ahead before the weekend, so that I can get on and do things I want to do this weekend rather than gardening, clearing up, etc.

I loaded the car and trailer up yesterday evening for an early trip to the tip this morning, so that I would not have to suffer the long queues over the weekend.

So off I went at 08.00 ready for when it opens and great no queue able to pull straight up. Unloaded the back of the car and made a start on the trailer with the garden waste in it, when a small pick up pulls in beside me.

The guy was unlading some plaster board off cuts, which made a bit of dust, but what I was not prepared for was the bag of dry unused plaster that he lobbed in afterwards. There was an enourmous cloud of pink dust as it split in the skip, next thing I knew I was enveloped in it! Once it died down, it appeared that I had changed colour, I was pink from head to toe!

Needless to say the guy had legged it! Shook myself off to get the worst of it off, but I was still a real mess. Nothing to do but put a dust sheet over the driving seat and come home.

Clothes straight in the sink, rinsed through and into the washing machine, time to do something about me.

Rinsed my hair off in the shower and decided to jump in the bath. Having finished did the usual trick of pulling the plug out with my foot and allow the water to partially drain away before I got out.

Then it started, there was something moving down towards the tap end under the water, black thin sticks about 5mm long started poking out of the water! I must have been slightly soporific, because it didn't sink in for a while, but a further look and I was out of the bath in a shot, the heart was racing, I could feel the adrenaline flowing through my viens!

The biggest spider I have seen in ages, about the size of my palm, had obviously floated up from under the plug and was swiming around in the bath water.

It had really given me a shock. But I did have a really good laugh at my own reaction!

Usual jam jar trick and it is now living in the bush behind the back door out of harms reach!

NBs996 28-Aug-2009 13:34

You better hope it likes living in the bush... seal the cat flap!!!

skidlids 28-Aug-2009 14:22

Incy Wincy spider climbing up the spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
Now Incy Wincy spider went up the spout again!

or in Chris's case

Incy Wincy spider climbed up the drain
Down came the shower water and washed the spider up
Along came a jar and moved Incy to a Bush
Now Incy Wincy spider went up the drain again!

Rattler 28-Aug-2009 15:14

I feel sorry for the spider!!! :eek:

antonye 28-Aug-2009 16:40

We had a similar thing when bathing the kids; we always used to flush the spiders down the plug hole and the kids said that's where they live.
One bath time they were worried about going too near the plug hole 'because of the spiders that live down there' and I told them not to be silly as no spiders lived down there.
Just as I'd finished saying that, the biggest spider leg you've ever seen started squeezing out of the over-flow hole followed by a rather ****ed-off looking spider!
The kids both had a fit but luckily I managed to get the spider down the plug hole after a few attempts!

MLC Racing 28-Aug-2009 23:14

You southerners If you didnt get out of the bath for a wee you wouldn't get spiders!!
Claire even uses maltesers I've heard!

Paul James 01-Sep-2009 15:42

Spider in the bath is nothing mate, out on Florida they get alligators coming up the bogs! Fancy that happening when the old plums are a dangling as you take a dump! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still at least you've got the annual bath out of the way for 2009!

ChrisBushell 01-Sep-2009 16:43

Funny thing is that I had another one in the bath this morning, no idea why they always seem to end up stuck down there.

Next doors 6 month old kitten took one look and ran out of the room!

Spider now safely running round the garden!

Paul James 01-Sep-2009 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Funny thing is that I had another one in the bath this morning, no idea why they always seem to end up stuck down there.

Next doors 6 month old kitten took one look and ran out of the room!

Spider now safely running round the garden!

Jeez it sounds more like a feckin zoo than a bathroom, still I guess the kitten will start to sort out the rats once it has put on a bit of body mass.

You don't think it could be the same spider that had been put out in the garden only to "climb up the water spout"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ChrisBushell 02-Sep-2009 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul James
Jeez it sounds more like a feckin zoo than a bathroom, still I guess the kitten will start to sort out the rats once it has put on a bit of body mass.

You don't think it could be the same spider that had been put out in the garden only to "climb up the water spout"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Must admit, even though I know we have no toxic spiders in this Country, after my visits to Australia I am always wary about the larger ones.

My Dad's cousin has a Funnel web spider nest in their back garden in Sydney and those are big, aggressive and highly dangerous!