Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Assen names out of hat (/showthread.php?t=26272)

multi600 23-Jan-2006 21:56

Assen names out of hat

Any news on who is going to Assen, I thought the e-mails were going out today, but I won't pick mine up till I get to work tomorrow. Thoughts were that everyone would get on the gird but there may have been a last minute rush for places.

Mike

domski 23-Jan-2006 21:57

I think that everyone who entered is going - that's the basic answer I got when I asked.

psychlist 23-Jan-2006 22:00

Now we're getting another chance to vote on whether Cadwell's round in March should be points scoring it may have an effect on late entries to Assen. Last I saw there were enough spaces on the grid to cater for everyone that'd put their names on the thread posted here, don't forget that there's 600 DSC'ers that don't access this message board tho :smug:

domski 23-Jan-2006 22:07

Quote:

Originally posted by psychlist
Now we're getting another chance to vote on whether Cadwell's round in March should be points scoring it may have an effect on late entries to Assen.

Hold your horses...

WTF????

Firstly, didn't the first vote result in the majority wanting to start at Brands??

Secondly, my first point was so good, I don't need a second point!

Where did you hear about a 2nd vote Paul :puzzled:

:(

ericthered40 23-Jan-2006 22:10

underground network ?:lol:

ali 23-Jan-2006 22:16

I've seen nothing of a vote on whether Brands is the first points scoring round.....

I'm sure those that want to race at Assen will get a place, assuming we haven't had another ten people join the series in the the last couple of weeks.

domski 23-Jan-2006 23:58

Quote:

Originally posted by ali
I've seen nothing of a vote on whether Brands is the first points scoring round...

Think back to October time ish - I think we got an email to gather rider opinion.

Here is the result which MW emailed out on the 20th October...

3. Start date
Responses so far indicate a 2 to 1 majority (18 to 8) to start in April.
The briefing note issued with the rules did state that all dates were provisional and this rider’s poll result will be tabled to the race committee with a view to deferring the start date from March to April.

multi600 24-Jan-2006 00:01

So who knows or when will we know if it is points scoring.

domski 24-Jan-2006 00:13

Oh, forgot there was also this [edited]...

Quote:

1st December 2005

I have been contacted by a number of people about the non-points scoring round at Cadwell at the end of March. They have asked the question if this is a final decision or not and that it means that we would have 3 races at Snetterton (long one Saturday and 2 short on Sunday).

If you have any views regarding if Cadwell in March should be points scoring or not, will you please send an e-mail to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com.

The race committee will review the feedback early next week and come back to you with the data. At that point we can consider the options.

...but I can't find the results of this in my emails.

domski 24-Jan-2006 00:14

Quote:

Originally posted by Dseered
None of my business I know but there is a possibility that all the DD riders can't get on the grid of a race series they have entered ???

I do follow the series a bit but this seems weird, what if everyone wanted to go, how would it be decided, sorry I don't know but is it point scoring at Assen ?

That was a possibility, but now looks like it's no problem.

Assen is points scoring.

At the moment, Cadwell in March is not (hopefully it stays that way)