Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Wanted - 583 airbox (/showthread.php?t=115606)

banger san 06-Jun-2012 12:58

Wanted - 583 airbox

Does anybody have an airbox with air filter that will fit the 583 carbed model, running foam filters at the moment and just want to see if it's that, that's upsetting the carbutration.

Cheers
Andy

Senna3 06-Jun-2012 13:19

dont forget andy you need a monster one, ss are different not sure how good a fit a 583 one goes into your 620 frame

Ghost 06-Jun-2012 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna3
dont forget andy you need a monster one, ss are different not sure how good a fit a 583 one goes into your 620 frame

Ive got the airbox and K&N filter that came with my 620ie. Welcome to try, if ok we can forge a deal I'm sure.

Also my Mrs said she lost her virginity, but she still has the box it came in. :D

skidlids 06-Jun-2012 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna3
ss are different not sure how good a fit a 583 one goes into your 620 frame

Not very good at all from what i recall, different mounting points etc
but may be possible by cutting off the bit for the battery tray and just trying to sit the sirbox part on top of the carbs

banger san 06-Jun-2012 18:57

Nothings ever simples is it :confused:

banger san 07-Jun-2012 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Ive got the airbox and K&N filter that came with my 620ie. Welcome to try, if ok we can forge a deal I'm sure.

Also my Mrs said she lost her virginity, but she still has the box it came in. :D

Are the holes that go over the carbs in line? If they are off-set to fit the injected model don't think they will fit. Any chance you can bring it up to Oulton so we can see?
Andy

Ghost 07-Jun-2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
Are the holes that go over the carbs in line? If they are off-set to fit the injected model don't think they will fit. Any chance you can bring it up to Oulton so we can see?
Andy

I'll bring it along Andy no prob. :)