Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Oulton Schedule and Final Instructions (/showthread.php?t=84840)

skidlids 13-Sep-2011 01:14

Oulton Schedule and Final Instructions

2 Attachment(s)
As per the title, see attached PDFs

Bionicle 13-Sep-2011 08:20

Having never done Oulton, it seems from the PDF there is no practice but straight out for qually ????

antonye 13-Sep-2011 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
Having never done Oulton, it seems from the PDF there is no practice but straight out for qually ????

Quite possibly - same thing happened way back at the first DD round there.

It's a big track which obviously makes timing tighter to get enough laps in to a session.

If it's not too late, try and get in to another class so you can use that as your practise laps before going out and qualifying.

bradders 13-Sep-2011 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
If it's not too late, try and get in to another class so you can use that as your practise laps before going out and qualifying.

not sure there is another class is there? Haven't seen schedule but not normally, think all comers lasted 1 or 2 rounds and was after other sessions and not well supported

ells 13-Sep-2011 11:54

no other classes suitable. I reckon you will get 6 flying laps at the most if there is one outlap. Looks like it could be interesting.

Mark

antonye 13-Sep-2011 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ells
no other classes suitable. I reckon you will get 6 flying laps at the most if there is one outlap. Looks like it could be interesting.

It's a shame but it'll make it more exciting!

First time there in DD we managed to get 2 laps in before qualifying was red flagged! Luckily myself and El Rico had been out in the SV650 qualifying the session before (came in early to line up again for DD) and went out on warmed tyres having been round the track a couple of times so our first two laps were pretty good.

It's not ideal but that's racing...

Lily 13-Sep-2011 12:38

you can enter MG600

bradders 13-Sep-2011 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily
you can enter MG600

after last time?! :lol:

ells 13-Sep-2011 16:56

That woulkd be MG 600 and MG 1000 as they practice and race together :o

I think the best advice is to just knock out some nice slow and steady laps and take it easy ;) ;)

Mark

Lily 14-Sep-2011 08:50

I raced with them at Cadwell and had no issues, barely saw them most of the race so had free tracktime.