Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Single & Double seat on 999 (/showthread.php?t=5354)

Harry S 18-Feb-2004 14:08

Single & Double seat on 999

On my 998 I have a double and single seat which I swap depending on the need to squeeze a member of the opposite sex on the back of my bike.

Or, more precisely, depending on my need to squeeze a member of the opposite sex.

Or, if you want the real reason, depending on my need for se.... :frog:

Anyway, having now made sure that nobody ever climbs on the back of my bike again, does anybody know how difficult it is going to be for me to do the same thing on a 999Bip. Obviously I won't have to worry about owning two sets of rear lights as on the 998, but can I put a single seat on a 999 EASILY and swap between selfish and amorous modes?

Cheers,

H

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Harry S]

dickieducati 18-Feb-2004 14:32

not sure about swapping from a mono to a biposto but they do a carbon seat cover part no. 96728303b if that floats your boat.

KeefyB 18-Feb-2004 17:28

The short answer is no you cant easily swap from bip to mono.You could just buy the DP carbon cover or wait til a colour matched item is available(like the Lusardi Moto type).Somebody mentioned that Tecmoto were thinking of getting some.
You could go for the Casoli option and get the carbon seat unit to fit the bip subframe.The seat pads are common.Then it would be just the matter of removing the four small bolts and then the bigger one on the tank to swap seats.Should be able to do it in half an hour easy.

Triple Nine 18-Feb-2004 20:30

Try this thread http://ducatisportingclub.com/contro...d.php?tid=5796

Good service, and a nice bit of kit for the price, fitted mine today:D