Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Poor running problem then got better? (/showthread.php?t=81012)

pbrown 02-Nov-2009 00:20

Poor running problem then got better?

Just done a trackday on my bike & everything was working really well then in the afternoon it cut out 3 or 4 times while in the pit lane waiting to get on track. Once on track it would not rev above 5000rpm & felt very rough or maybe only running on 1 cylinder getting worse the more I tried to rev it.

Came straight into the pits, gear off & started bike to see if I could maybe find anything & it was working fine so went straight back out again. I had no further problems so I am left wondering whether it was just a glitch or the start of something electrical going wrong. I had no warning lights on the dash.

Has anyone had the same kind of problem & is it a known issue?

skidlids 02-Nov-2009 00:29

Check all connectors are tight especially the large onethat connects to the ECU.

This year at the DSC Cadwell trackday my 996 would just die after I had used it in a wet session, never did find out what that was as it was fine when I got it home and has since been out on quite a few rideouts and runs to work

The Year before I had a lack of power that was caused by a blocked fuel filter which is what happens when you leave your trackday tank standing for to long

and a few years ago again at Cadwell we thought Dallas's 996 had a ignition pickup problem but that was traced to the main ECU connector working loose

pbrown 02-Nov-2009 09:15

I was going to go round & check the connectors but not sure I would have done the ECU as it looks like it shouldn't come loose.
My 996 was always cutting out but wasn't cured by turning it on & off. That was down to a bad connector on the side stand relay.

final_edition 02-Nov-2009 17:50

My 998 was cutting out on a trackday. It was traced to too big an air gap on the ign pick-up sensor.

pbrown 02-Nov-2009 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by final_edition
My 998 was cutting out on a trackday. It was traced to too big an air gap on the ign pick-up sensor.

Was it cutting out all the time or just intermittantly?