Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   For Sale (/showthread.php?t=33694)

851neil 20-Jul-2006 11:00

For Sale

Typing this out is causing me some pain - but here we go...

Due to family circumstances I'm going to have to let the bike (s) go...
I know it'll be regretted, but the devil drives hard and I don't have an option.
Anyway here goes:
She's originally been an 851 and for those of you that know her, she's been built with new motor to a hot 955 spec, complete with every single piece of bike lightening kit that you can imagine being in place.
I've a full spec - which makes a long read and every single bill from the build.
There are plenty of pics of the bike on this site and a spec sheet will be mailed out to anybody making a serious enquiry about her.
The bike and bills stand me at just over £24,500, and this gives you an idea that I'll not be entertaining daft offers.
I've also got 2 Aprilia's and as of today it's looking certain that they have homes to go to.

beancounter 20-Jul-2006 11:17

That's a terrible shame Neil. You have my sympathy being forced to offload such a special bike. I do hope your circumstances resolve themselves successfully.

Good luck with the sale, I'm afraid it's too much for me (unless you want to take a 996SPS, 851SP3 and 888SP4 in part exchange!)

Seriously - good luck (still wouldn't mind seeing the pictures.....)

BC

Jasper 20-Jul-2006 18:20

NO!!!!Mate,after all that work!!I'm Gutted for you

Jools 20-Jul-2006 22:57

That's a serious bike which I would love, but it's also seriously rich for my small wallet.

Good luck selling and hope the family stuff works out.

philthy 20-Jul-2006 23:33

Neil....Very sorry that you are having to do this.....I'm sure many of us have been in a similar situation.... I know I have, and only just managed to keep the 851.

Hope everything turns out allright in the end.

Phil

851neil 21-Jul-2006 09:26

Yeah it's a bl**dy awful feeling - I now know what other people have gone through when they've posted the 'must sell' ad, my little Prilla is being picked up this afternoon - crying shame as it was a little rocket ship and humbled many a big bike on track days.
The big Prilla has a couple of people coming to view at the weekend.
I had another discussion with the boss last night and if I can get shot of the big Prilla and the bundle of spares that you (if your'e like me !) pick up and hoard 'just in case' then I might get to keep the Ducati, so that's what I'm pushing for now.
I just can't imagine not having a bike - it would be the 1st time since I was a 7 year old kid - gulp...

loony888 21-Jul-2006 10:31

i feel so sorry for you! there is no way i could understand the feeling of letting go of what has undoubtably been a labour of love. i hope your circumstances improve and you are able to hang on to your bike.
cheers mate,
paul.

pibbow 21-Jul-2006 12:03

Sorry to hear this mate but Heaven is no help when the devil vomits in your cash flow!! Who know's it may take some time to sell and if the other two bike go maybe things may level out. Anyway I'm so gutted for you.

Peter

851neil 26-Jul-2006 14:57

have reached a deal with the good lady - I can keep the bike but now need to shift my RSV Factory (little RS has already gone). Of these 2 bikes I get to keep the one I wanted, I just need to limit the riding for a wee while.
All smiles again, but it was a close run thing...

Screwy 26-Jul-2006 20:14

Glad to hear the good news Neil , Would have been a crying shame to sell the bike after all that hard work .