Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   General refurb advice (/showthread.php?t=5329)

Otto Otto Otto 17-Feb-2004 15:29

General refurb advice

Hi friends

I am still tinkering with my 888 SP5 and am going through it bit by bit to rebush and replace bearings etc. throughout where necessary. I have noticed that the yellow stirrup (swingarm to suspension rocker) has developed rub marks from the heel of the last owner's boots - probably due to a combination of the factory rearsets and a Charlie Chaplin style foot on peg position.
Also the Ohlins rear spring has a hair line crack in the coating. As these are both the same colour I would like to refinish them at the same time and was thinking about powder coating, but am concerned that this may crack due to the flexing of the spring - any wise old sages out ther with any relevant info.??

Regards

Justin

Nattyboy 17-Feb-2004 20:45

Justin

Have you thought about pricing up a new spring to suit your body weight - not too expensive? Also check out german ebay as Ive seen a few genuine ones.

Looks like your going to town mate - and who could blame you !!

Any pictures of her mate ??!

Nat

skidlids 17-Feb-2004 22:31

Over the years I have had quite a few springs powder coated with out any problems, the last one was the Ohlins spring on Senna3s bike. We use a local company OIF (Oxford Industrial Finishers)

Kev

Otto Otto Otto 18-Feb-2004 08:38

Just the news I needed skidlids!
Powder coating it is then.
Natty boy - I'll be posting a picture when it's back together, but at present its in a state of undress.

Thanks again.