Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Hydraulic male / male adaptor for oil cooler fitting (/showthread.php?t=39465)

Tonio600 02-Dec-2006 17:22

Hydraulic male / male adaptor for oil cooler fitting

In the process of fitting a 916 oil cooler on the DD bike, I'm looking for 2 male / male adaptors to connect the pipes to the crankcase.

So I found those on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HYDRAULIC-MALE...QQcmdZViewItem

But guess what, I don't understand anything about the sizes :D
... And me thinking all modern countries use metric sizes :lol: ;)

Have been mesuring the outside diameter of the thread I need, it's 14mm (M14?).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Tonio.

nelly 02-Dec-2006 18:46

They won't fit Tonio. The Ducati fittings are M14 metric threads.

paynep 02-Dec-2006 19:04

Tonio, I'm pretty sure that I have the crankcase fittings off a 916 in the garage. I'll check tomorrow and if I have you can have them for the price of a pint!

Paul

bolds 02-Dec-2006 19:12

£4.93 each from Ducati

Tonio600 02-Dec-2006 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelly
They won't fit Tonio. The Ducati fittings are M14 metric threads.

Cheers Nelly :) I had the hope that the sizes in the ad were equivalent to M14 but I'm glad you confirm thay're not.

Tonio600 02-Dec-2006 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by paynep
Tonio, I'm pretty sure that I have the crankcase fittings off a 916 in the garage. I'll check tomorrow and if I have you can have them for the price of a pint!

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the offer, I'll take you on it :)

Cheers
Tonio.

Zimbo16 02-Dec-2006 20:53

If not your local hydraulics fitting shop will keep them in stock Tonio, not difficult to get hold of at all. They should have them on the shelf for not much money.

Tonio600 02-Dec-2006 21:08

What do you mean by local hydraulics fitting shop? Homebase? :D
Things need to be simple for me :lol:

BVut thanks for the advice, if Paul can't sort me out I'll try to see what is in the area...

Zimbo16 02-Dec-2006 21:30

No, not Homebase! You're bound to have a hydraulics shop close to you, possibly on an industrial estate, have a look in Yellow Pages. It's a place that makes up hydraulic hoses and supplies hydraulic fittings and components.

if you get stuck let me know and I'll get you a couple from my local place, I use them all the time for work supplies.

Rob B 02-Dec-2006 21:35

Just make sure you are buying the right sort of fittings for the hoses that you have. Some require taper, JIC, seats. Some are a square end where the hose end seats inside the fitting and seals with an O ring.

Sorry to add to your confusion, post a pic of your hoses, and we can go from there.

Rgds,
Rob