Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Happy St Georges day everyone (/showthread.php?t=84284)

Gbyte666 23-Apr-2011 00:42

Happy St Georges day everyone

Happy St Georges day everyone :)

My Family and I are going hang out the flags and chill today with some pims and for tea we are going to our local village Stockcross which is adorned with flags for a Fish & Chip tea + a couple of beers.
Monday Salisbury are celabrating St Georges day again so we will be going along to that as well: http://www.allaboutsalisbury.co.uk/page126.html

Craig

yorkie 23-Apr-2011 14:19

Happy St Georges Day to you, the BBQ will be lit in 30 minutes and the drink is free flowing already!

Have a great day everyone. Nice day for a bit of flag waving!

Yorkie

Jasper 23-Apr-2011 20:23

Sorry to inform you Guys,but it is next week!!!

The feast day of St George, patron saint of England and several other countries, is usually on April 23rd.

However, the church calendar has complicated rules on which days are more important than others and the less important ones get moved about, or "transferred" in the technical parlance. When 23rd April is a Sunday, St Georges Day moves to the nearest weekday, i.e. Monday 24th April.

2011 is even more interesting. In 2011, April 23rd is Holy Saturday (the day between Good Friday and Easter Day) and that and all the following Holy Week up to Easter Saturday (30th April) take precedence. So humble St George's Day finds itself moved all the way to Monday 2nd May!!

At least you can have two BBQ's!!