Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   New boy (/showthread.php?t=84557)

steeevvvooo 12-Jul-2011 13:04

New boy

I'm Steve, and I ride an S2R1000 at the moment (sounds like an into at Ducati anonymous!). I'm pretty active on UKMOC, and sometimes on Ducatisti, but after doing a couple of trackdays I'm considering the DD series. Now, I'm not very fast, and most of my 4/5 years of riding have been around London so I'm not experienced in track/knee down shenanigans. :o

I don't have anywhere to store a DD bike at the moment, so I'm trying to get involved in the forum, maybe attend a race day or two, and do a few more track days/California Superbike School etc to get myself ready. I'm trying to move into a house with a garage which would then mean I can buy and fettle with a DD bike. I'm no mechanic, but can do a basic service and bolt on parts so I can at least get my hands dirty. :D

Anyway, if there are cheap bikes going I may join in sooner, but at the moment I'm in the "pending" camp. I know people run in DD without a garage etc, but I'm in a 1 bed flat, and simply have no room to do any work on a bike at the moment. :(

Anyway, that's me. Hope to meet some of you soon…

Steve :roll:

Bionicle 12-Jul-2011 14:57

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum m8, DD is a fantastic way to get into racing, you dont need to be fast that comes with experence i found racing in DD i learned more than i ever did doing trackdays. pop along to one of our race days have a chat with the lads, its like one big family everyone willing to lend a hand and give advice.

Paul.

Ghost 12-Jul-2011 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum m8, DD is a fantastic way to get into racing, you dont need to be fast that comes with experence i found racing in DD i learned more than i ever did doing trackdays. pop along to one of our race days have a chat with the lads, its like one big family everyone willing to lend a hand and give advice.

Paul.

+1 to what Paul said altho' I did answer your post on Ducatisti.
:D

Cranker V2 12-Jul-2011 17:26

As Paul said,

and Ghostie is great grand father Phil........:frog:

dunlop0_1 12-Jul-2011 18:48

You won't regret it at all, best thing I ever did with a bike.
I think we both did the UKMOC Mallory TD this month?

chris.p 12-Jul-2011 18:55

Welcome Steve, DD is a great way of starting racing, you will enjopy it. There is a Ducati only trackday at Cadwell on the 23rd of this month (a Saturday, if your close enough pop along, as Bionicle will have his DD bike there and I have no doubt there will be a few others as well, or even book the track day:D

Chris:burn:

steeevvvooo 12-Jul-2011 19:56

Thanks for the welcome guys! Yeah, I did post on Ducatisti as well so sorry to make some of you read my drivel twice! :p

Its the girlfriends birthday weekend so can't do Cadwell. :(

Time to do some research with the search button...:p

steeevvvooo 12-Jul-2011 20:03

Dunlop, yeah I was at UKMOC day. I was on a red S2R in the novice. By the end of the day only S4Rs Mack was overtaking me (only once a session!) although it was more like a "super novice" as lots of 1st timers.

Might be another track day soon in mixed company and see how I get on. Confidence is getting there, just need some skills to match :D