Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Carol Nash (/showthread.php?t=24400)

nigeeeboy 24-Nov-2005 12:08

Carol Nash

Top insurance quote from CN.......phoned CN first....went back to them with the best quote of the day and they bettered it.

I am 40 (although - hey i don't look it)
6 years NCB - no accidents - No convictions - No nothing

Fully Comp
£450 excess
Protected no claims
Full legal cover up to 50K
Insured abroad up to 90 days in one trip
UK and European Break Down (unthinkable)

£ 260.00 ( Back Of The Net )

ScottyB 24-Nov-2005 13:18

Nigeeeboy,

Be carefull, As they say you do not know how good a company is until you have to claim.

My personal opinion after a very bad experience i would not touch CN with a barge pole.

Cheeky tossers even tried to say i had not paid my policy to get out of settling a claim. Credit card company soon sorted that little effort out!!!:P

Give Ducati Insurance a call.

Were very helpfull indeed when i had a little mishap when i first got my 749. (Non fault claim - **** relation sat on bike and dropped it!!)

Someone will no doubt be along to praise CN, just be carefull!!

AK 24-Nov-2005 13:23

Quote:

Originally posted by ScottyB

Someone will no doubt be along to praise CN, just be carefull!!

yup :smug:

both of us have been insured with them for over 5 years, and they were very quick to settle on the 2 incidents that AK had, one an own fault, the other by a 3rd party.

I did try Ducati insurance again this year, but they still came out £40+ more than CN, and that was after 'pressing' them.

C:)

guest1 24-Nov-2005 14:49

What is it with insurance companies -
you ask for a quote,
you get a better new quote,
go back to the original and they then give you an even better quote which in effect says - "Yeah, we tried to screw you with the first quote"

ditto ScottyB's comment - experience of CN's inexperience so to speak

nigeeeboy 24-Nov-2005 16:41

Scotty

With every good story there normaly comes a storey of woe. And as of yet i have never had an accident that is my fault (so thats 1) I was with CN at the time and they sorted it all out..........of course they did they weren't paying. At the end of the day they met or bettered everyone i rang IN THE END.......Lets hope i never need it.

(916 BP by the way)

Road Runner 24-Nov-2005 19:17

I was with CN last year got the renewal earlier this month and it had gone up by £50.00 to £298.50 so I phoned them and the guy form CN said get a quote from some one else and he would better it. So I said so pretend that I have and better it Now he said NO? So I am now with Bennetts £250.00 Fully comp :roll:
Won't use CN again:flame:

rcgbob44 29-Nov-2005 17:49

Just got my renewal thru` today and its £385 fully comp for the 998s Mono and my 180 Jota.................I`m actually quite happy with that coz its £70 cheaper than they charged me last year!

I doubt if Ducati insurance would want to insure my Jota anyway.

[Edited on 29-11-2005 by rcgbob44]

bradders 29-Nov-2005 19:10

try em rob.....my sps plus M600 = 375 fully comp and I'm a few years tonger than you ;)

Webcore 17-Feb-2006 22:01

Went to Bennets and a few others when I last renewed, told me that SPS discs and Ohlins shock were performance mods and wanted £1100 - but if I had an SPS it would only be £550!
Went back to CN who said better brakes and suspension were safety mods £450 - Thank you Carole Nash.